Thread: xd optics with ' Y' reticle

jay.t is offline Unique is an understatement, I'm just a messed up frog pimp.

xd optics with ' Y' reticle

I am now the owner of a xd 6-24x56 Y reticle,
    .......picture..of..ret..here......

i've being toying with the idea for some time, enquired on the forum if anyone had tried them without success.
    I already own a xd 10-40x50 mildot and have been very pleased with it,
    the XD is probably in the middle of the range market wise, this one cost £84 for scope, mounts, sunshade, pop-up covers and sidewheel,
    i've always liked the turrets on these and the side focus is reasonably accurate, now to the reticle , whoa! much finer than anything i've ever seen,it is sort of a cross between a nato ret/ladder ret, similar to the falcon mp20, the reason i went for this was to try and find a ret that could do 5yd increments in 22, now there is a gap between the centre 'y' and the ladder,could spell a problem for holdover, if so i may just use the top of the ladder as center then work down from there, should be going to the range tommorrow, let you know how it go's,a nice piece of glass for the money, atb jay.
    Don’t you find it Funny that after Monday(M) and Tuesday(T), the rest of the week says WTF?

Yes, it's an interesting reticle to add to my design collection. Not entirely sure how it translates into shooting for things like rats / rabbits etc...how would you use the Y portion?
    B.A.S.C | HW100Tuning KT250bar+reg+tune .177+4-16x50 | HW95.177 +4-16x44 + Paul Short Stage 4 & Trigger Tune | TX200HC.22 + 4-16x44 | HW97KT.22 + 4-16x44 + Paul Short Stage 4 & Trigger Tune

Sunderland - it's no Saint Tropez, but it's home..
    I got one of these a while ago, but never really played with it much. I'll be very interested to hear how you get on with it (and yes, lovely image through the thing, just the slightest fringing on mine at top mags).
    S410K, Lightning XL, Supertens long & short, S400 in Evanix thumbhole stock - all 177. Raider & Sirocco in 22.
    If it ain't broke, try harder.

ok guys , went to the range on sunday, bloody cold & windy
    can only set targets at the presets, 20 30 40 yds,
    set the sidewheel at 30 then played with the zoom til i found a nice clear picture, half a dozen shots had found zero, i'd drawn some 10mm circle on the sides of the targets also, shows up better on the white card,
    now i used the TOP of the thick center
    line as my zero, on 12x zoom the whole line fitted perfectly in the 30mm kill zone, maybe useful if using for hft etc,, now there is a gap above & below the center line, holding under at 20 yds the first mark above center was bang on at 20yds 10mm groups .22 remember!
    holding over the mark below center was good for 40yds, bar the odd flier in the wind everything was in the 30mm killzone, bloody frozen by this point but pretty happy with the results, the Y could put some folks off but i'm sure after some more range time you could learn how to range find a target/quarry pretty quick, i even toyed with using the ladder below the center as the zero start, then i'm pretty sure they would give 5yd increments in 22 , more results to follow , if your on a budget i'm sure there is worst glass outthere for the money, 8/10 SO FAR
    Don’t you find it Funny that after Monday(M) and Tuesday(T), the rest of the week says WTF?

I also have one of these, aswell as a number of others and I think it's the best one I have, at a fraction of the cost of some of the others. I got mine when the seller China industry or something like that was auctioning them, instead of buy it now, (as they only sell them now) it cost me £46.00 and I recently got one for a member of our club for £58.00 after we haggled a bit.
    I can't find anything wrong with them at all on a .22, but I'll be trying it on something bigger in the near future, hopefully. See if it falls apart , but somehow, I don't think it will, if it's anything like the Mil Dot I have.

Overall, very pleased with it, and it looks wild on my AA S200

ATB
    Baz

photo now in my sig

Pyrodex is offline "Bother" said Pooh, as he hid Piglets corpse..
    ive tried and tested the 10-40x50 y ret on a .223 Savage and it held zero just fine.. great glass for the money IMHO..
    There is no "I" in "Team", but there are four in "Platitude-Quoting Idiot".