Thread: IMPORTING PRE 1939 AIR WEAPONS

edbear2 Guest

IMPORTING PRE 1939 AIR WEAPONS

Does anyone know please, if the normal import procedures are the same for vintage air rifles.......for example..a prewar BSA rifle arriving from canada, I would expect to pay import duty, vat and be able to prove with paperwork that it is not over the power limit....

OR

What foreseeable problems would I encounter If I returned on a flight from canada with it in a case.....would be very grateful if anyone has done either of these.......dont want to get the "realistic weapon" hassle that others have sadly had, although as pointed out by other bbs members, these old rifles are less likely to get the attention that more modern ones do.

ED HAVING JUST RETURNED VIA MONTREAL TO WHAT I TERM TENERIFE WEATHER AS OPPOSED TO WHAT WE LEFT,I FETCHED
    A DAISY 25 BACK.

I HAVE FETCHED ALL MY CO2 PISTOLS BACK AND HAD NO HASLE WHATSOEVER.

I WAS PICKED UP WITH A PISTOL COMING BACK VIA NEW YORK 6 YEARS AGO, ARMED POLICE. EMPTY CASE SHOW PISTOL WAS A SPRINGER(HY SCORE)AND THEN TOLD TO PUT IT BACK IN CASE AS THE OFFICER SAID ITS ONLY A BB GUN. WIFE HAD A FIT.

I DON/T THINK YOU WOULD HAVE A PROBLEM, AFTER ALL ITS ONLY COMING HOME. ATB. JOHN
    snarepeg.