Thread: Police Pistol Competition Targets

Police Pistol Competition Targets

Following on from a posting with Jim in the January comp thread about target paper quality, I've been quoted the following:

1,000 A4 targets printed on 400gsm card, mono-tone (B&W) including delivery VAT etc for £83.00.

So that works out at £8.30 for 100 targets (though there is postage on top) or about 8p each and give you 9 targets per monthly contest (to December) or 3 to shoot and 6 to practise on in my case

Anyone interested?

Jim McArthur is offline Frock coat wearing, riverboat dwelling, southern gent
    Quote Originally Posted by swiftnbold View Post
    Following on from a posting with Jim in the January comp thread about target paper quality, I've been quoted the following:

1,000 A4 targets printed on 400gsm card, mono-tone (B&W) including delivery VAT etc for £83.00.

So that works out at £8.30 for 100 targets (though there is postage on top) or about 8p each and give you 9 targets per monthly contest (to December) or 3 to shoot and 6 to practise on in my case

Anyone interested?
    A great idea!

Jim
    UBC's Police Pistol Manager
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

Sounds like a good idea, but before everyone places orders get a sample sheet and see how crisp the holes are, if it just tears (which some card does) you might as well stick with paper.

atvb

Jason
    Fancy shooting your air pistols & rifles a bit more, then guy's & gal's come visit us at the
    UBC for loads of fun competitions for all types of air pistols and rifles.

Good idea, might get some 300 & 350gsm as well.

The 400gsm is postcard standard so should be pretty tough - designed to take the best the Royal Mail can throw at it

Card samples arrived this morning so I'll shoot a few groups into the samples over the weekend and then post the results. I've a few ideas regarding any issues about copyright of the original target; lets just say one of the lads I've worked with loves doing that old comic book villain style drawing - I'm sure he's got something lying around

Maybe he could create some new bad guy targets for us, Swift?

I like the one we're using now, but you know what they say about variety. There's no reason we can't switch back and forth once we end a "season" (i.e., every six months).

Besides, it'll be more fun if we can use different targets for the side matches.

Jim
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

Not a bad idea - just ten minutes messing around led me to produce a few ideas that I've sent you in an email (can't post attachments according to my posting rules ) Maybe you can stick-em up!!

Well I tried various samples supplied and shot at them with both wadcutter (RWS Hobby) and Diablo (H&N Field) pellets. I shot from 6m with five rounds towards each section. The result was that 400gsm silk card produces very clean holes as can be seen by the attached images. I've tried to get photos of little groups to show the edges of the holes.

So 400gsm silk would be the way to go

http://s720.photobucket.com/albums/w...t=RWSHobby.jpg

http://s720.photobucket.com/albums/w...current=HN.jpg

I agree: very neat holes.

Jim