Thread: Lincoln Super Comet

Question Lincoln Super Comet

Hi. does anyone have any information on a Lincoln Super Comet brake barrel .22. Having searched the web and many forums it appears to be illusive.

ye i have one and found the same thing ! mine is well under power! you managed to find anything about this gun out yet?

Lincoln super comet

Hi,
    I had one of these in about 1982/3 which I bought mail order via and advert in Farmers world. The Super Comet came with a 4x20 scope and the Comet just had open sights as I recall.
    I believe they were sold by David Nickerson of Lincoln and I always assumed this was how the name (in part) originated. As I recall I think it was made in Spain and subsequently I believe they were a variant of the Cometa air rifles of Spain ( though this is just an assumption and I have no evidence).
    In essence I believe they were a cheap Spanish import rebadged by David Nickerson.
    I sold mine to fund my HW35 (I was about 14 at the time) but I do have to say that despite its lower price tag it was the most accurate springer I ever owned and I regretted selling it.
    HTH
    Dave

just got this one and grouping is good. stripping it down and going to do it up in original condition stock was varnished bad so stain and oil i think so its nice to hold