Thread: Best pellets

Best pellets

Whats the best pellets for a webley tempest??

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Quote Originally Posted by ianm1 View Post
    Out of those currently available, for general plinking in my Tempest and Senior (the only two Webley pistols I have left from a collection of 13 ), I now use the Webley Hustlers as currently being sold by the BBS sponsor Ramsbottom's as the price is v-good, they are a nice dirty self lubricating lead pellet without being too soft, and (excuse the pun ) they do exactly as it says on the tin . Ha ha ha. Joking to one side, they do the job perfectly . Atb: G.
    Last edited by Gareth W-B; 21-01-2009 at 11:41 PM. Reason: couldn't resist returning to ad the little pun about 'as it says on the tin' :-D

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Quote Originally Posted by ianm1 View Post
    Hi ianm
    The best pellets for the Webley pistols are the Wasps,blue tin,size 5.6,these suit the older Webley barrels,.they were actually made especially for older barrels

cheers leadman

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Quote Originally Posted by LEADMAN View Post
    The best pellets for the Webley pistols are the Wasps
    Regarding Ely Wasps, I couldn't agree more . But as they are no longer being produced and the dopple-ganger Wasps being marketed in their place aren't all that, I opt for the Hustlers as detailed above. Atb (again): G.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

I rate Milbro Select, or if it's .177 Milbro Match flat heads are pretty good. Had some Hustlers years ago and they were poor back then...