Thread: £97 Cardboard Box!

£97 Cardboard Box!

Hi All,

Did anyone see the price that a pre-war Webley Junior box sold for on the famous auction site Item No 300286345832 ?

It seems the boxes are sometimes worth as much as the contents, I suppose it's due to the survival rate.

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Quote Originally Posted by CRX View Post
    Hi All,

Did anyone see the price that a pre-war Webley Junior box sold for on the famous auction site Item No 300286345832 ?

It seems the boxes are sometimes worth as much as the contents, I suppose it's due to the survival rate.
    Hi Robin,

I know, mad, quite mad (but can sort of understand ). Ha ha. Atb and see you this afternoon for shhhhh ... you know what .

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Apparently.......there are some "re-manufactured" ones about too.. Members be aware!

Boxed or not

Quote Originally Posted by CRX View Post
    Hi All,

so in terms of value, how much difference would there be between a "nice" period example compared with the same pistol in its original box? Not the £97 I assume but it must add something?
    No time like the present....

Hello ,

Its not just a cardboard box . ( No , its not an M&S box either !! )
    A packet of pellets = £5.00
    Webley brochure = £25.00 ( ?) If its original ?
    The box then is £67.
    Someone with a really nice Junior to go in it ? Priceless.
    Collectors ? We have all been there .

Regards,

Sam

edbear2 Guest

I CAN BEAT THAT!

A few months ago a couple of pellet boxes (eley black boy) went for well over the hundred mark...I collect pellets, but draw the line at way below this.......a 1890,s german utendoerffer box might struggle to reach 10 euros, so its not a case of rarity, ......perhaps eley collectors are more wealthy (have seen eley early catalogues go for £130 plus)

As the box concerned was for the pre war wood/tin grip Junior, and had a catalogue with it as well, that was a reasonable price.

Quote Originally Posted by Troubledshooter View Post
    As the box concerned was for the pre war wood/tin grip Junior, and had a catalogue with it as well, that was a reasonable price.
    I might be able to retire earlier than I thought!

It wasn't even a Birmingham & London.

Box maker

When in employment I used to have a client who made the fancy cardboard boxes for M & S food items, fruit pies etc. All hi tec computer stuff so I imagine it would be quite easy to get a few dozen Webley pistol boxes run off, providing you had a pattern! Now there's a thought!!

Mike95