Thread: Truglo or not Truglo?

Truglo or not Truglo?

That is the question!
    I am going to look out for an HW45 and have decided on a .177 but there seems to be a few models around, I would like the dual power but have no idea about which standard site option to go for. Any help or advice...pros & cons etc?

A fine choice in pistol. One that will last you years. I managed to bag one in .177 for a Christmas present.
    I am under the impression that all .177 are dual power, and the more recent models have the true glow sights, as mine does. The sights work well but took a fair amount of windage adjustment. I think they are shipped with the rear sight in a safe position (wound down).

It’s not an easy pistol to shot but with practice you can get excellent results.

Good luck with you purchase.

Matt

hiiiiiiiiiii

ive a hw40,which has truglo fitted as standard,,,an excellent system..much easier to find the target

Probably being thick here but
    Do the late ones with Truglo also have std open sites fitted?
    The only hw45's I've handled were older ones.

okkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

truglo arestandard sights,,,only difference is,that truglo sights have small fibre optic rods fitted,,on my hw40,the rear sight has 2 red rods,,and the front has a yellow rod,,so when the sights are lined up,,you have 2 red dots,with the yellow in the middle,,,it makes lining up your sights alot easier

Truglow are open (standard type) sights, but they are very good for low light overcast day etc. I used truglow on Cookies HW40 and used them as I would a standard Post & Notch sight.

I like them

The only sights I dont like on a pistol are optical/scope ones

Tony
    UBC Secretary & Web-Manager
    THL Marksman of the Year 2010
    (Airgun Section)

thanks

Brilliant, Thanks everybody.

BigEars Guest
    Anyone know where can I get TruGlow sights for an HW45?

Quote Originally Posted by neil1972 View Post
    truglo arestandard sights,,,only difference is,that truglo sights have small fibre optic rods fitted,,on my hw40,the rear sight has 2 red rods,,and the front has a yellow rod,,so when the sights are lined up,,you have 2 red dots,with the yellow in the middle,,,it makes lining up your sights alot easier

Not that it makes any difference, but my has a Red front sight and a Yellow rear. Maybe they're trying to confuse us

Either way excellent sighting system.

Good luck, Phil

Quote Originally Posted by BigEars View Post
    Anyone know where can I get TruGlow sights for an HW45?
    On a new HW45.

They're not a retro-fit option. You could possibly drill the sight blades and fit some optical fibre if you were careful but I wouldn't. I can't stand them and they're no good for proper paper target work.

I bought a 45 off here the other week specifically because it didn't have them.
    “We are too much accustomed to attribute to a single cause that which is the product of several, and the majority of our controversies come from that.” - Marcus Aurelius