Thread: AA S410E silencer options

roblade is offline Time for a coffee........;-)

AA S410E silencer options

hi im asking this on behalf of a club member, can you help me finding out which options (and which you think is best) are avalible to silence the S410E running about 40 ish F/lbs.

aslo he want to tone it down a little to get mre shots and would like it running as 25F/flbs would the same silencers work or is there a better one for this power level?

rifle is going to be detuned by a gunsmith and not a diy job!!!!!

thanks for your help

folks

ROB
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) the bunnies are coming!
    (")_(") THE BUNNIES ARE COMING!!!!!

to spring? or not to spring? that is the question. oh sod it get them both!!!!

s410e

i had a 410e and also thought it was to noisey there is no way of putting a silenser on it because of the one fitted as standard and if you take that of the barrel is shrter than the air tank but there is good news (there would be now mines been sold) BEN TAYLOR can fit a reg and set it to what ever power you want but it will cost about £195 but it will make a good rifle into a great rifle
    "RACING IS LIFE.ANYTHING BEFORE OR AFTER IS JUST WAITING" Seve McQueen

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    It may not help your mate much but if running at closer to 25 FP, the regular S410 would probably be better. Could maybe fit an "E" cylinder too (as a few have done with 12FP guns).

More usefully, I saw a chap with a "E" who just screwed in a 1/2" male logun - I guess the muzzle mad be modified to take it, but clearly possible.

HTH - JB
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

roblade is offline Time for a coffee........;-)
    have seen a post about fitting a webly silencer, would have thought it was just a case of barrel adaptor? and then any silencer would fit am i right? or even threading the end of the barrel shroud (look liek the barrel stops well short of the end)

and about the reg hes not too worried about the consistancy he is new to shooting airguns put in for his FAC and didnt really expect to get it this was the first rifle he saw and he loves it, though i expect it would have been better to join the club first THEN get the rifle. and the price difference betwwen reg and detuning is very drastic indeed! now let me see £195 for reg or £30 for a detune, now let me see which one i would go for LOL

hes only interestead in silencing it as he saw a falcon and and S410 both being shot at 24F/lbs and was amazed at how quiet they were.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) the bunnies are coming!
    (")_(") THE BUNNIES ARE COMING!!!!!

to spring? or not to spring? that is the question. oh sod it get them both!!!!

Snapshot. Guest
    He needs the Webley silencer with adjustable sleeves as this slides over the shroud and is then clamped down. The other options worth checking are whether a Rapid Evolution or BSA Volumetric silencer will fit as the diameters are very similar.

Jonathan.

MUSKET Guest

S410e

The webley Pro-System silencer fits the S410e. 16mm (.630") Just follow the instructions with the kit. fitted in a couple of minutes and it does make quite a difference. Would also advise to do a chrono check on the rifle to find the best fill pressure, for example at 200bar it is doing 22ft.lb , at 160bar it goes over the 30ft.lb mark up to a max of 34.7 ft lb. at 110bar it drops below 30ft.lb giving me 35 full power accurate shots. These are the figures for mine but they compare near enough to another one I did a chrono test on.

Ross

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    Horrible power curve.

If it's being "adjusted" down, restricting the transfer port a little would seem like a good idea, should help flatten things out a bit !
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.