Just wanted to share my joy with everyone.

Friday evening, I was just settling down to finish zeroing in scope on my new S200 that I had picked up from Tutchi on Thursday. I got a few shots off on Thursday night and was happy with the horizontal alignment, just had to get the vertical sorted as it was shooting a bit low at 25 yards.

I set up a target at 25 yards and got one shot off (it was about an inch low). As I'm reloading 1 of the neighbourhood Magpies lands over the right of me. By my guess about 25yards away. Worth a shot I reckon! Compensating for the inch, I aim above it and squeeze the shot off.

At the very instant I fire, typical smarta**e magpie, it ducks! Imagine its millisecond of surprise, when it realises that the gun is closer to 2 inches low and gets a neat .22 hole drilled in the top of its head for its trouble!

The shot sat him on his backside, then he toppled over stone dead! I know some people will think this was a lucky shot, but I'm sure the magpie doesn't feel very lucky at the moment.

I've never shot anything through the top of the head before, but I can tell you it's a very satisfying feeling. No exit wound unless it's travelled straight through it and exited through its backside!

Doug...