Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What do you think???

What do you think???

I'm looking to buy an co2 air pistol or BB gun(with blow back). I would like something ideally that is semi auto and fires pellets not just bb's. I don't want to spend a fortune so I'm probably asking too much. The main thing is accuracy. I need to improve my target shooting.
    I am thinking of the Crossman T4 or simular if not maybe just a single shot pistol.
    I would ideally looking for an accurate range of 25-30m....
    Any comments/recomendations/help welcomed....
    Thanks...John
    AA TX200.
    QB 78 with TrRobb tuning and trigger kits....
    Defender 90.

Deagle

.177 Pellet, with BB and very well made.

Tony
    UBC Secretary & Web-Manager
    THL Marksman of the Year 2010
    (Airgun Section)

BigEars Guest
    I don't think you'll get much accuracy with CO2 at 25m. A guy at our club has a Desert Eagle and his scoresat 20m have improved out of all recognition with a Rohm Twinmaster. The desert eagle is probably more fun though. Depends what you want to do.

Quote Originally Posted by BigEars View Post
    I don't think you'll get much accuracy with CO2 at 25m. A guy at our club has a Desert Eagle and his scoresat 20m have improved out of all recognition with a Rohm Twinmaster. The desert eagle is probably more fun though. Depends what you want to do.
    Didn't see the 25 meter bit Doubt if the Deagle would hit the side of a barn at that range

25/30 feet would be okay if plinking at cans or reactive targets (spinners etc) .

Tony
    (Airgun Section)

BigEars Guest
    It's possible to hit an A4 size target, it's just a case of where.

Plus the grumpy old git standing next to him used to moan about the noise.

LOL

Yeah the Deagles need to be a bit louder dont they
    Like the EB22 thats a good bang

Tony
    (Airgun Section)

Thanks for the replies...The accuracy is the most important thing. I'd like to shoot out to 20 to25m if poss(30m was just with a little extra). I suppose that if I could only get a pistol that was accurate out to 15m I'd just have to make sure I had a very small group...I realise that I could probably get a pistol that is accurate out to 30m just would not be able to justify spending the money...
    Thanks John...
    AA TX200.
    Defender 90.

Forget CO2 in your case. You could go down the Rohm/Steyr line, but this would cost quite a bit.

Why not try a Brocock Aim X?

Chris.
    Far too many rifles & pistols to mention here.

I like the look of the Rohm, but would need to find one s/h to stop the wife using me as the target. I don't know if it makes any differance but I am one of gods children(left handed) and just to make it intersting with a right master eye...Chatting to a shootist today he has recomended going for a good quality bb and aiming(sorry) for a small group at a lesser distance...
    John....
    AA TX200.
    Defender 90.

Ok there are some good cheap and reasonably accurate pistols about for 10m shooting, i have to ask why do you need to shoot out past 20m, when 10m is tricky enough for most of us.

atvb

Jason
    Fancy shooting your air pistols & rifles a bit more, then guy's & gal's come visit us at the
    UBC for loads of fun competitions for all types of air pistols and rifles.

Smile Ratgunner

Quote Originally Posted by landrovermanuk View Post
    Thanks for the replies...The accuracy is the most important thing. I'd like to shoot out to 20 to25m if poss(30m was just with a little extra). I suppose that if I could only get a pistol that was accurate out to 15m I'd just have to make sure I had a very small group...I realise that I could probably get a pistol that is accurate out to 30m just would not be able to justify spending the money...
    Thanks John...
    Weihrauch HW 45 .22in/5.5mm the most amazing spring pistol I have ever owned.

Cookie, I can't say too much but that is the distance I need to shoot at... I don't have a problem at that distance but would like to tighten up my groups...
    AA TX200.
    Defender 90.

I've got a Rohm twinmaster for sale in the For Sale section. It's exactly what you need!

U.

Jim McArthur is offline Frock coat wearing, riverboat dwelling, southern gent
    Quote Originally Posted by cookie View Post
    Ok there are some good cheap and reasonably accurate pistols about for 10m shooting, i have to ask why do you need to shoot out past 20m, when 10m is tricky enough for most of us.

atvb

Jason

I agree, I think you're trying to combine two concepts that don't combine well: a CO2 / BB / blowback type pistol, and at LONG distances.

I think you'll have to either shorten the distance you intend to shoot it at (most of us have enough trouble at 6 yards, and WOW, is 10 meters a lot longer of a distance than 6 yards! - and 20-25 meters is getting into the stratosphere) : or else move up to a serious, powerful (and expensive) CO2 (maybe) or PCP target pistol.

Jim
    UBC's Police Pistol Manager
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

Urban...Nice pistol but about 3 times what I want to spend...lol
    I think I'm going to have to cut the distance down to 6 to 10 meters and work on getting tighter groups.
    Thanks for the help...
    AA TX200.
    Defender 90.