Thread: Pepperbox pistol

Pepperbox pistol

Hi guys (& gals)

I quite fancy adding a good, cased pepperbox pistol to my antique firearms collection. Anyone out there have anything along these lines for sale? I know Henry Krank etc sell them but none of those really stand out for the money asked.

regards
    Nick

Jim McArthur is offline Frock coat wearing, riverboat dwelling, southern gent
    Quote Originally Posted by njaw View Post
    Hi guys (& gals)

I quite fancy adding a good, cased pepperbox pistol to my antique firearms collection. Anyone out there have anything along these lines for sale? I know Henry Krank etc sell them but none of those really stand out for the money asked.

regards
    Nick

Pepperboxes ARE nice, aren't they?

I don't collect yet but plan to start a collection of 19th century BP cartridge revolvers. Am debating whether to make it a medley: concentrate on pinfires: or concentrate on British Bulldogs.

Please let us know if you find a good deal, some-ere's.

Jim
    UBC's Police Pistol Manager
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

got a pepperbox ,unfortunatley not for sale ,but i thought i would put in my twopenniesworth as i have had a little experience of them,mine is .35 calibre six shot,unnamed and birmingham proofed. i bought it on a whim some years ago because it was the best condition one i had ever seen and the price was right,these are awesome things to look down the buisness end of especialy when they were known from time to time to chain fire from the nipples as most did not have seperating fences between them.i shot one long ago, lots of fun, but very little in the way of accuracy as it is almost impossible to aim them due to the double action hammer being in the line of sight.most are smoothbored,ferrous metal parts were usually colour case hardened.. good luck with your quest for one they are about but cased ones fetch a premium..forgive me if iam teaching my grandmother to suck eggs....hope this is some help ..greasemonkey

Check out SCOTARMS AUCTION'S at newark next one on 18 feb

Holt's, next sale on the 26th of March would be another good possibility.

Thumbs up

thanks for your input chaps. I'm off to the Birmingham antique arms fair this Feb so watch this space!

Jim McArthur is offline Frock coat wearing, riverboat dwelling, southern gent
    There's also gunbroker.com, if you fancy Internet sales. But they're US-based, and I'm not sure of the UK's laws re Internet sales / importation of antique pistols.

Anyone care to advise?

If it's UK-legal to purchase same over the Internet, I'll bet there's a similar UK auction forum.

Jim
    UBC's Police Pistol Manager
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone