Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What AR 15 to shoot PR & CSR

What AR 15 to shoot PR & CSR

Hi all I’m new to BBS

I am very interested in shooting PR & CSR, I have a slot on my FAC for a 223 & I'm currently looking at AR 15's. The problem I have is who do I deal with? I’ve contacted sabre defence but it's as if they’re not interested because I have been waiting for a price on a rifle for weeks and after 4 phone calls and no received e-mails with a price as promised I have had about given up on them, If that’s how they are to purchase from I hate to think what they would be like for after sales service if you were to have a problem with the rifle.

I have also been looking at the Southern Gun Company I like the fact that you can design your own rifle on their website. Can anyone tell me whether they are any good or not? Target Sports mag writes about them a lot so I'm thinking they must be ok?

And finally I have been looking at Bradley Arms witch I have to say I'm heading more in favour for as I have read nothing but good comments about his work.

Any advice on dealer and to what spec of rifle to go for to be competitive in both PR & CSR would be gratefully received.

A recommendation for Bradders from me - I've got a few rifles he built, and they are all excellent.

For Service Rifle most people seem to have settled on a very similar spec:

Good Quality 18" or 20" barrel, free-float handguard/rail system, decent trigger, flat-top receiver with right hand cocking conversion. Low power optic (4.5x is maximum allowed in 'Service' class.)

For PR, add a bipod, higher mag scope (3-12x or 4.5-14x would be ok for both PR & CSR).

Quote Originally Posted by Ady77uk View Post
    Hi all I’m new to BBS

I am very interested in shooting PR & CSR, I have a slot on my FAC for a 223 & I'm currently looking at AR 15's. The problem I have is who do I deal with? I’ve contacted sabre defence but it's as if they’re not interested because I have been waiting for a price on a rifle for weeks and after 4 phone calls and no received e-mails with a price as promised I have had about given up on them, If that’s how they are to purchase from I hate to think what they would be like for after sales service if you were to have a problem with the rifle.

I have also been looking at the Southern Gun Company I like the fact that you can design your own rifle on their website. Can anyone tell me whether they are any good or not? Target Sports mag writes about them a lot so I'm thinking they must be ok?

And finally I have been looking at Bradley Arms witch I have to say I'm heading more in favour for as I have read nothing but good comments about his work.

Any advice on dealer and to what spec of rifle to go for to be competitive in both PR & CSR would be gratefully received.
    Now then Ady welcome to the bbs mate. Looking forward to sunday and putting a few rounds down range
    In starting and waging a war it is not right that matters, but victory. -Adolf Hitler

Have a read in the firearms reviews section of this forum, Bradders makes some awesome AR15's. LINKY CLICKY

Bet you cant wait to take delivery of that ar15 Ady
    In starting and waging a war it is not right that matters, but victory. -Adolf Hitler

ar15

got mine from Low Mill Range Cumbria ,Google it , they can bulid whatever u want and usualy have some demo guns to give u an idea off what's available , was at a shoot at Diggle Range be Manchester on Saturday and out off the 30 guns there no two were the same. Pm me if u want some more info.
    Sportsmatch GC2 numbers ,190, 252, 279.Steyr LP1 &LP5,EV2 mk4
    Whiscombe JW 50 FB Number 0012 & JW 60 Number 031, ,CR-X,

Ar15

I have spoken to Mark @ Bradley arms he seems a nice chap and has a mountain of knowledge. I discussed with Mark what I wanted to achieved with my new rifle, he gave me some good tips and advice of how I can do this. So I have placed my order with Mark for my new Ar15, I have decided to go desert colours as I want it to be different. I should recive my new rifle in around 2 weeks. Looking forward to taking it to the range. Also got Bisley in April

Ady

I have seen some of Bradders work and I don't think you'll be disappointed

Incidently do you shoot at Reepham? I was over there the other week and its a nice set up. It's a pity they've only got 75 mtrs, if they'd got 100 or more I'd probably join.

Alan

I've got two of Mark's ARs, one totally standard A4 with iron sights for HRA and another with an ACOG for CSR, they are both superb. He is very easy to deal with despite being both ginger and Irish .

Do get down to the CSR and HRA matches at Bisley, they are often on the same weekend so you only have to travel once.

Ar15

Hi Alan

Yeah im a member at Reepham, shame thats its only 75m's but they is a lot more clubs with less distances, One of the great things about the club is that you are as good as unlimited to what wepon you can fire (as long as the police let you have it) also the range has been cleared for fully auto as the police and army cadets use it alot. All the pics that i have seen of bradders wepons look very smart. looking forward to getting mine im like a kid waiting for xmas

Ady gget some pics of that Ar on here. im looking forward to shooting it at the club tomorrow mate

New AR 15

Finally I recived my new rifle from Mark (Bradley Arms) as you can see he's done a cracking job. Time taken from placing the order to reciving was only two weeks, Im really pleased with the build quality and spec of this rifle. I fired 100 rounds through it on sunday achieving 40mm 5 round groups at 75m using home loads. Im currently experimenting with different load weights using a 55 grain full metal jacket bullet & H varget powder. Any advice on loads would be greatfully recived

"one man can change the world with a bullet in the right place"

Ady

That's nice

Alan

Quote Originally Posted by 20series View Post
    Ady

That's nice

Alan
    It shoots as good as it looks

russian sniper is offline 1982 Sausage roll and cider gargling regional finalist

Question

Very nice mate. Can i ask what you use to put the bipod on to the foregrip??

ATB
    Daz