Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TASTY CLUB GUNS !!! Original mod .....

Question TASTY CLUB GUNS !!! Original mod .....

Hi all

A couple of chaps at our club brought down some rather fine rifles and they would like some valuations if you are able to do so ?

First we have a .22 Original mod 50 in very good nick , bluing is fine and the stock has a few bumps/scratches . The stock is quite long and kind of reminds me of a stutzen stock although it doesn't reach as far as the barrel .

Secondly is a .22 Original Mod 45 Which is as good as any minter I have seen - the rifle was this chaps fathers and has only had about 50 pellets through it It has one tiny mark on the bottom of the pistol grip , other than that it is totally original and as new as the day it left the factory

Any pointers helpful if you can please .

many thanks

Dave
    ]Never explain. Your friends do not need it and your enemies will not believe it anyway. ~ Elbert Hubbard[

Both are probably date stamped (month and year) in VERY small numbers on the left hand side of the action between the scope rail and stock.
    This info may be useful.

ATB
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Hi Dave,

The Mod.50 is all tits and tinsel in as much as they look superb but rarely muster much more than 9.5ft.lb. Great for close range work, general plinking and lookin' good in a collectors rack however, and are still quite a popular collectable. I sold an average one for £95 a bit back and had trouble placing it at that but one in the condition you describe should be worth £125 plus post imho, but sadly not a lot more .

As for the Mod.45, now you are talking . Best rifle Original ever made in many peoples opinion (inc. mine), and equal to an FWB sport in performance too . These were very popular in the early days of F-T, and although a little long for hedge hopping when out hunting (although it is not impossible), the Mod.45 makes a good hunter as they run virtually on the legal limit with little to spare . Had a .20 and a .177 variant which I sold recently due to credit crunch-itus for £140 each plus post (so there is your price range) and I will have one (or two ) again when flush -- and I can't give a higher endorsement than that. Hope this helps . Atb: G.
    Last edited by Gareth W-B; 30-01-2009 at 12:47 AM. Reason: coz I can.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post
    Both are probably date stamped (month and year) in VERY small numbers on the left hand side of the action between the scope rail and stock.
    This info may be useful.

ATB
    Ian

Just had a look at the Mod 50 as its in my posession - 08 78 made in germany

cheers

Dave
    ]Never explain. Your friends do not need it and your enemies will not believe it anyway. ~ Elbert Hubbard[

UPDATE :

Mod 50 has a nice dent in the stock and does not have either the front or rear sights .

Are the sights hard to come by ?

many thanks

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Kingplinker View Post
    Just had a look at the Mod 50 as its in my posession - 08 78 made in germany

cheers

Dave
    Then I would guess at late 70's and foreign. .

ATB
    Ian

UPDATE :

Mod 50 has a nice dent in the stock and does not have either the front or rear sights .

Are the sights hard to come by ?

many thanks

Dave
    Yep , so it is now less of a proposition than the one I struggled to sell for £95 (which was intact but had a poorly re-finished stock that needed re-doing). Your call Bro but I'd walk away and save your pennies for when the other guy sells the Mod.45 . Atb: G.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Quote Originally Posted by Gareth W-B View Post
    Yep , so it is now less of a proposition than the one I struggled to sell for £95 (which was intact but had a poorly re-finished stock that needed re-doing). Your call Bro but I'd walk away and save your pennies for when the other guy sells the Mod.45 . Atb: G.

Its funny how I stood , staring at the made in germany stamp for so long

Serial number is 045962

many thanks

Dave

PS : Whats it worth mate ? It may be worth a bit of work ... I just can't resist the urge to fettle . lol

The early Original 45s were recalled due to a fault with the (longer) safety catch so this may be a bargaining point if it hasn't been done.
    I deliberately sought an un modified one but then Im like that.

A very tidy/excellent condt. 45 must be worth approx. £150 more if its the .20 version IMO.

ATB
    Ian

PS : Whats it worth mate ? It may be worth a bit of work ... I just can't resist the urge to fettle . lol
    Hi Dave, as said above, imo the Mod.45 is worth around £140 in .22 or .177, and as Ian says maybe more if it'd been in .20 . Atb: G.

Hello Kingplinker
    all that Gareth says is correct about the 45 and 50, I have both. I would be interested to buy the 50 though, if it has grooves for a telescopic and if the action is not too rough. Mine is an early model with open sights and the eyesight is not up to it nowadays.
    Please pm me if your friend wants to sell
    Regards
    Mark

Sorry lads if I have confused you ?

I need a price for the Mod 50 - made in Germany - no sights - in OK condition .

The Mod 45 is as new but not for sale ....... yet

Many thanks
    #
    Dave

they look superb but rarely muster much more than 9.5ft.lb. I sold an average one for £95 a bit back and had trouble placing it at that ...
    Mod 50 has a nice dent in the stock and does not have either the front or rear sights.
    Yep , so it is now less of a proposition than the one I struggled to sell for £95 (which was intact but had a poorly re-finished stock that needed re-doing).
    Sorry lads if I have confused you ? ... I need a price for the Mod 50 - made in Germany - no sights - in OK condition.
    Can't you read bruv £95 plus post max imo, as now sounds a little shabby. Also, the sights will set you back £30 (if you can find them), and all complete it is only ever a £125 rifle (plus post) as the Mod.50 is all tits and tinsel as stated . Atb: G.

Can I have first dibs at the 50 when you sort a price please Kingplinker.
    Cheers Mark

I'm reading between the lines a bit here, but if I'm gauging this right, the Mod 45 is mine. Manufacture date is 10 08, s/n 290964. It's all Dave says it is, apart from being for sale