Thread: Geco's

Geco's

Fed up with Paying £6.95 a tin for my H&N Match Kugelns I have just done a test using my Scoped HW40 Bench rested at 10m, 10 shot's each card using the always reliable £5.49 a tin RWS R10's, against the Much Cheaper £2.39 RWS Geco.

Look at the links below for results. (I used the same zero for both pellets)

http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/i...hotHW40R10.jpg

http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/i...otHW40Geko.jpg

So Buying a sleeve of 10 tins from our sponser works out at £19.95 + P&P

with everyone being short of cash, they might be worth a try.

I have also put them through my CP88 and CP99 with good results.

atvb

Jason
    Last edited by cookie; 18-02-2009 at 12:56 AM.
    Fancy shooting your air pistols & rifles a bit more, then guy's & gal's come visit us at the
    UBC for loads of fun competitions for all types of air pistols and rifles.

Thumbs up geco

Jason's absolutely right i use these in most of my co2 and ssp pistols super value much more accurate than i'm capable of,except bench resting..Mike..

Quote Originally Posted by cookie View Post

atvb

Jason
    What did I tell you????
    Cheaper than chips, I use them as often as I can, and I love em

Tony
    UBC Secretary & Web-Manager
    THL Marksman of the Year 2010
    (Airgun Section)

Gecos

I also use Gecos on bench testing found they were as good as £8 per tin Match Finale and Match Kugeln.

See the post I added to the Barrel cleaning thread - shows the grouping with the Tau 7 soooo much better after cleaning the barrel between pellet types as recommended by UK Neil.

Also worth a comment, that I found the Geco's mostly smaller and lighter than Match, so it created a whole new sight picture in the Tau. The Match pellets always needed thumbing in whilst 90% of the Gecos were looser. However, due to the cheap and cheerful nature of the Gecos they are inconsistent, so 10% (guesstimate) still need thumbing in and tend to drop low - so I bought a sizer from UKNeil. It is a simple but beautiful piece of engineering.

ATVB
    Linnet
    My Guns: a Walther LP200;& a Weihrauch HW40PCA

Just had my 10 tins from our sponser and I'm very pleased with them good quality pellets at half the cost of the other ones.

Ordered 30 tins friday, not arrived yet, but the snow has slowed everything down.
    Fancy shooting your air pistols & rifles a bit more, then guy's & gal's come visit us at the

Gecos are great, very consistent quality, I've found CO2 pistols and mid power rifles love em!

I bought 5 tins of 'em for mucking about with in CO2 pistols and none of 'em have missed their intended target yet.

Mind you I haven't fired any yet either!

Actually we used to use zillions of 'em at the club, dang good value, much better made than a lot of more expensive pellets.

Richard
    http://www.ford-hft.org.uk
    You come into this world with nothing, go out in debt and you've made a profit

Quote Originally Posted by cookie View Post
    Fed up with Paying £7.95 at tin for my H&N Match Kugelns I have just done a test using my Scoped HW40 Bench rested at 10m, 10 shot's each card using the always reliable £5.49 a tin RWS R10's, against the Much Cheaper £2.39 RWS Geco.

Look at the links below for results. (I used the same zero for both pellets)

http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/i...hotHW40R10.jpg

atvb

Jason

wheres my gecos lol

look like a good find then cookie

sounds like eveyone loves them

cant whate to play with them

Last edited by snock; 05-02-2009 at 10:12 PM.
    U.B.C Member - Beeman P3 - crosman nightstalker - walther underlever

Quote Originally Posted by Sensei Gizmo View Post
    wheres my gecos lol

look like a good find then cookie

sounds like eveyone loves them

cant whate to play with them

They should have been here by now, i'll e-mail them tomorrow.

Apart from about £1.60 per tin, anybody know the difference between Gecos and RWS CO2 Target? IIRC they look quite similar.

I use the latter in most of my pistols not just the CO2 ones. The skirts are narrower than Hobbies for example (so they will fit easier in Umarex style mags) but this helps with seating in some spring pistols as well (e.g HW45/75) where hobbies' skirts can protrude a tiny bit. They go very well indeed through my FWB 65.

Also there's a thicker rim round the skirt of the CO2 Targets.
    “We are too much accustomed to attribute to a single cause that which is the product of several, and the majority of our controversies come from that.” - Marcus Aurelius

I used to need a dibber to seat Hobbys or Gecos in the Umarex magazines. The Hobbys have very oversize skirts. Now I size all my pellets with a sizer from UKNeil and load the Umarex with the ball of my thumb. Velocity is more consistent too, with the sized pellets of both types.

The only comment I have about Gecos, apart from the fact that they are good pellets, is that they are a few thou shorter than Hobby and manage to drop through my H & N Matchbox, jamming the tray! It's now Hobby for the Alfa and Geco for the S & W.
    Walther CP-2 Match, FAS 604 & Tau 7 target pistols, Smith & Wesson 6" & 4" co2 pistol, Crosman 1377,
    Baikal IZH 53 pistol, Gamo CFX Royal,177, Umarex SA-10 CO2 pistol.