Thread: Hw100

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    dcy Guest

Hw100

Although i have visited this forum for some time i have not posted here...i have bought a HW100 and i have to say it is a credit to the HW brand....i find that this gun is excellent and accurate...the mag is well thought about and the 14 shots are ample...today i bagged a woodie with a long range shot and a brace of squirrels, both with head shots, the first being about 40 yards and the 2nd was about 30......i am using Diablo field at the mo and they appear to be a very good pellet..i would recommend this gun to anyone, although some may say it is a little heavy i am lucky that i foind a heavy gun suits me just fine.....good hunting to you all.....

Saddle Tramp Guest

HW100

Have a try with H&N FTT's as well, Weihrauch have tested them in the HW100 and say they are OK! Be also aware that Hull Cartridge Company have set-up ALL HW100's at 11.5 ft.lbs using RWS Super Domes, in .177 & .22, so IF you use a heavier pellet such as Magnums, the power goes OVER 12 ft.lbs.

Also you can either buy a slip on Silencer, from Target Sports of Bolton, or you can ask then to have their Engineer, Dave Mercer, screw cut the barrel to 1/2 UNF and fit his own superbly QUITE silencer. I had mine done last year and the silencer's the best I've ever used.

Saddle Tramp.

How many shots do you get from a charge, i nealy bought one but couldnt find info on it anywere.

clubshot Guest

Thumbs up

Originally posted by bedlam
    How many shots do you get from a charge, i nealy bought one but couldnt find info on it anywere.

Check out www.airgunbuyer.com

Lloyd is doing some Specials

I have my name of a Bull barrel one in .177

BOB/R

dcy Guest
    I have used supedome exclusively for the past 15 years, but i thought i had better try a more modern brand in this gun...just to see if there was any difference....im impressed...good pellet

tobes Guest
    I've tried a few pellets with my .22, the FTTs seem to be very good indeed. Currently playing with Dynamic PCP2 5.54mm, so far so good. It didn't seem to like them at 200, but once the pressure's down to 180 they seem to settle down nicely, and there's no distortion of the pellet when you load it in the magazine.

I've got a pellpax selection waiting for me at home, just got to find the time to go through it now. As for charge, it seems to be good for 100 or so.

Tobes

dcy Guest
    I have just got in..been out again with the 100, but only bagged one woodie this time...i shot like a dick today!! lol...i missed a point blank (15yard) shot on a woodie, and god only knows how i missed it, but at least i downed one a little later with a wing shot, straight through its upper torso and it dropped down dead. I have my mate coming over tomorrow and i hope i dont shoot as bad as i did today , but,i guess it happens!! lol...he is bringing his rapid so that will be fun........good hunting to all....

clubshot Guest

Arrow

Originally posted by tobes
    I've tried a few pellets with my .22, the FTTs seem to be very good indeed. Currently playing with Dynamic PCP2 5.54mm, so far so good. It didn't seem to like them at 200, but once the pressure's down to 180 they seem to settle down nicely, and there's no distortion of the pellet when you load it in the magazine.

I've got a pellpax selection waiting for me at home, just got to find the time to go through it now. As for charge, it seems to be good for 100 or so.

Tobes
    Tobes ,
    When the .22 version come out we put one on the Factory Test Bed.
    And fired many different pellets through the Gun.

Our Best Groups was with the Dynamic PCP2 5.54 Head.
    It even surprised the Manufactures when we sent them some to try.

Like most Precharged Guns , they do have a sweet spots for best results in accuracy & power

I have a HW100 .177 BAR Special on order

But well aware that my Exterminator 9.50's go really well in the .177 Version.

Come on Lloyd
    My trigger finger is getting itchy.....

BOB/R

tobes Guest
    Clubshot,

I think it might have been you who put me on to the PCP2s I was really disappointed at first, couldn't understand why every third shot went wide to the tune of about an inch at 30yds (which is no use for hunting). But after a couple of mags things settled down, and I realised it was probably the pressure.

One of things I love about them is the 'chrome' colour - it means that when I do fluff a target I can easily see the fall of shot and sort it out for next time (the 6.5-20x50 Simmons WTC helps too!).

Cheers

Tobes

Dcy,

I don't know the distance you were shooting at but a "wing shot"? This surely isn't OK. A head shot, back of head-neck shot and even a chest shot (depending on distance) are fine, but a wing shot risks a ricochet off the wing bone and injury.

dcy Guest
    i live in the real world and go shooting almost every day. I have yet to see a pellet ricochet off a wing from 20 yards. I have drilled all manner of feathered quarry at various ranges and had no trouble at all...
    as for the chest shot...only a person that knows little about hunting would recommend such a shot...the woodie has a thick bone down the centre of its chest enabling it to withstand shots even at close range. I have seen woodies hit at close range in the chest with guns kicking out some real power and they were not recovered....with a wing shot, the bird goes down, a bit high and the spine is severed and a bit low and its lungs get it through the edge of the chest plate.....IMHO...each to their own anyway........good hunting.....

Yes, bit dubious about a chest shot myself, hence "the depends on distance" bit. Never use it myself now, but did as a youth. I made the comment really, because I noticed how easily a pellet is deflected by twigs or even a blade of grass and assumed the bone of a wing would do similar before the pellet had hit a vital organ. I suppose distance will determine whether you take a wing shot or not?

Used to hunt a lot myself from catapults to shotguns, but not thesedays. Get the odd day driven....

Alex

clubshot Guest

Thumbs up

Talking to Hugh Earl @ Pax Guns today.

It seems that they have carried out tests for Importers and the Dynamic PCP1 4.50 gives the Best group in Pellet Tests

Well aware that my Exterminators also give really good results

Reason I ordered myself a Bar Special HW100

Still stock Dynamics and willling to send out Free trial packs
    sales@ukgunproducts.com

BOB/R

dcy Guest
    I do agree with you there Al to some extent...but on a further note i have never seen a wingbone stand up to the impact of a pellet and not break...thats hwta i have sen. Obviously, yes, it will happen on the odd occsasion, but i would bet my money on such a shot, having performed them all my life....i can remember once having to cull some mallards on a fishery that were fouling the water....i was only a young lad of about 16...my old 80 was my one and only weapon and i loved it!!!! lol...anyway, because i had a dog that would retreive game and because the ducks were moving their heads a little i opted for a upper wing shot. The .177 superdome smashed the ducks main wing bone and fully exited the birds body........its nerves carried its carcase out into the open water and the lurcher did a fine retreive...but it is each to their own and as long as the game is hitting the deck i cannot see what the problem is......if we want to talk about driven birds....hey, they NEVER get pricked now do they.....all the best to you anyway, JD