Thread: My Webley Omega project...

My Webley Omega project...

Hi all,

The time is approaching for my Omega project to begin.

I now have an .177" barrell to go with the .22" I already had. I will fit this soon to check the power/accuracy and decide if I want it shortened before it is re-blued. Then it will be strip and tune time.

Being a leftie I have been looking for a L/H stock (see the thread http://www.airgunbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=343724). I did almost buy one a year ago but did not in the end as I let my brother borrow the rifle and he is r/handed....doh

If any one hears of a l/h stock please let me know otherwise I may contact Custom Stocks to see if they still have an omega pattern

ATB Rich.
    WANTED: Next weeks winning lottery numbers :-)

Omega

Hi Rich I am in the process doing an Omega up and I had trouble getting a new piston seal to replace the original delrin one , Chambers were very helpful but they only have a new batch from webley and they are CR*P. under sized and to stiff to work properly. John Knibbs has one that fits a treat ( red in colour) I also had a spring off chambers too but its running a bit under power so I will be ordering a J. Knibbs Titian Spring and see how she behaves. Unless someone else on here has a better suggestion for a better spring ?.
    ATB
    Graham
    Money can't buy you happiness .. But it does bring you a more pleasant form of misery.

Spike Milligan

Hi Morningstar....

....iirc I have been advised or seen advice that another webley model seal works well (it may even have been a BSA superstar seal resized???) I will do a search to double check. I am tempted to try asking Jim Maccari, Steve Pope or Bonney & Clyde. I think I remember hearing that Tony at Sandwell field sports has a tuning soft spot for these rifles so he may be worth a try as well.
    I will let you know what I find out or post it up in the collectables section to share the knowledge.
    PS Was it you who bought an FWB sport off me? If so how is the old girl?
    ATB Rich.
    WANTED: Next weeks winning lottery numbers :-)

Seal

Hi,the Webley stingray,excel,exocet,longbow seals fit the omega,vulcan actions,have one in my own omega and vulcan and they work really well,got mine from Webley £9 posted,thanks Mark.
    Good deals with,pesca,eragon,old bull,twotitans,paladin,gman,howard6750,rafferty,ca v123,lucky trigger,gt550a,bassmanrich,munchman,snipperuk,dm80 ,ali d,ranger,gubby_uk,deadly,gedfinn 2,viper77765,I. J.,SCOTTK,stanbridge,gmac,FRENCHI,2240phil,Gwylan, the piercer

Yep!

PS Was it you who bought an FWB sport off me? If so how is the old girl?
    ATB Rich.[/QUOTE]

She is doing fine thanks just swapped another stock on her and tuned her Nowt wrong with the stock that came with her, nice stain and oiled job you did on her
    just working on my second 127 as we speak, just in the process of reblueing it.
    ATB Graham
    Money can't buy you happiness .. But it does bring you a more pleasant form of misery.

Spike Milligan

I have an old Omega that I have been considering sprucing up this year. I would be interested to know how you get on with finding a left hand stock.