Thread: hw45 177 or 22 whats best

hw45 177 or 22 whats best

hello all

am thinking about getting a hw45 but dont know if i should get 177 or 22 so when it comes to pistols whats the ups and downs with 177 and 22

cheers del

MojoCrow is offline It rubs the lotion on the anarchist ginger tom.....
    Don't worry about having to choose .177 if you want the HW45 with the variable power setting; the last two .22's we had come into stock now come with the twin setting.
    Customised AA S400 Carbine
    Ros beef, go home! www.buxtedshootingclub.co.uk SiHFT winners 2008 2009 2010

I have both, I prefer the .22 as the firing cycle on full power is much smoother, both very accurate though

I have the HW45 with both .177 and .22 barrels. Change over is simple and quick.

BigEars Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by el maipino View Post
    I have the HW45 with both .177 and .22 barrels. Change over is simple and quick.
    I'm thinking of "investing" in a HW45, where can you get the extra barrel and shroud?

Quote Originally Posted by BigEars View Post
    I'm thinking of "investing" in a HW45, where can you get the extra barrel and shroud?

Hi BigEars, only the barrel is needed. Just two small screws to remove and refit it a barrel change over, 2 mins

It is nice to have a choice, I've got 177, 22 and just bought off here a 20. I guess I'm a greedy git

I had a 20 cal barrel on order since last May, still waiting, best to get one off this great site.

Good luck, Phil

My HW45 came modded already with extra barrel, silencer etc. But sure you can get them on the bbs. I would not mind a .20 myself.

http://sports.webshots.com/photo/250...e?vhost=sports
    http://sports.webshots.com/photo/228...V?vhost=sports

ooh that looks nice - what scope is on there and what mounts?

Mel

The scope is a NCSTAR 2x20 pistol scope. The mounts are some cheap little 1 screw mounts. Nothing special.

The laser is very good and I mainly use it without the scope.

The gun will take any 1/2" UNF silencer, looks great with a longer Weihrauch/Logun type, very tactical looking.

i personally generally prefer .177 for pistols as i don't need the knock down power of .22.
    .177 is higher velocity which i prefer.

having said that, i've not fired a hw45 in .22 so it may well feel smoother as someone previously said. best to try one first i guess.

also, afaik the newer ones have both power settings on both calibres now.
    i only ever use mine on full power anyway so wouldn't miss the half popwer option if it wasn't there anyway.

they're great guns. think you'll be pleased with either calibre.

also, fyi, the hogue rubber grips are an excellent add on to get.

jc

jc
    Last edited by 40apple40; 07-02-2009 at 07:32 PM. Reason: spelling

Smile Rtagunner

Have a .22 HW 45 and a .177 HW 40PCA, they are both knockout guns, in the 45 .22 for sheer clout, .177 for target shooting, both very accurate, the 40 is an amazing little gun, totally recoiless have fitted a 2/32 Tasco Rhino Pistol Scope on twin screw air rifle mounts to spread the load onto the plastic body,

Shooting 4.51mm domes this afternoon at Kibworth was taking knockdowns out at 25yds, and yes I had reliable witnesses, in fairness I was seated and the gun was rested but it was the relentless accuracy that floored me,
    no small wonder that Weihrauch means Holy Smoke,

Buy Them All.