Thread: tuning

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Post tuning

I am looking to tune my gun to do some fifty-seventy yard target shooting. Do you have any idea where i can get parts eg:weights springs to increase its power. It is a bsa meteor. I think it is a bsa meteor mk1 as it does not say mk 2 or anything on it.
    Last edited by 05rw; 04-02-2009 at 08:41 PM. Reason: incorrect spelling

what is the serial number?
    A.V Marochinni O/U 12 Gauge
    Baikal S/B 12 Gauge
    Air Arms S200 MK2 .177

Just found the no te60210 on the underside just after where the stock finishes. I think this is the serial no.

Quote Originally Posted by 05rw View Post
    Just found the no te60210 on the underside just after where the stock finishes. I think this is the serial no.
    That'll be a .22" Meteor MK3 then made between 1969 and 1973.

To be Honest shooting at 57 yards with a .22 Meteor would be a challenge to say the least.

Tuning a Meteor to 12ftlb's involves machining a new piston head with less lost volume, increasing the stroke a little and fitting a better spring (Titan XS works).
    You would also need to tighten the barrel mounting to breach to stop any latteral movement.
    You would also be restricted on what pellets to could use, as the Meteor barrel is 5.6mm not 5.5mm as most .22" pellets are now.

Starting with a better gun would be the best bet and could be cheaper in the long run.

Hope this helps a bit

All the best Mick

Smile funds

I do nott really have enough money to spend on a new gun as i am only 15 but may get a few of those bits. Any idea of price and where can i get them from. Thanks for all the info

with any bsa older than 1980 (like my 1979 MK5) i dont theink that the receiver will take 12ftlbs

you might as well throw the pellet at the target!!
    A.V Marochinni O/U 12 Gauge
    Baikal S/B 12 Gauge
    Air Arms S200 MK2 .177