Quote Originally Posted by noluv6 View Post
I also agree.pluss the trigger will be very heavy.177 would be a struggle but 22 even harder.Don't waste your money IMO.Save and get a cheap used gun that is known to be capable of what you want tuned.Then spend the money.Or sell your rifle and save a little?
The trigger unit on the Meteor is the same as fitted to the early BSA Supersport.

The Supersport is capable of producing 16ftlbs when fitted with an export spring.

So the Meteor trigger assembly has a proven track record of being capable of working safely with a slightly stronger spring.

In most cases the spring in a .177" gun needs to be stronger than the spring in an equivilant .22" gun.

The Titan XS springs I use to obtain 12ftlb's from Meteors is marketed by Mr John Knibbs as a direct replacement for the original factory spring.

I have to agree that too strong a spring in a Meteor does tend to destroy the brazing on the cylinder and crack around the breach block (been there done that).

The more I think about it the more I like 05rw's idea of shooting at 57 yards with an old .22" Meteor.
I may even have a go myself.

All the Best Mick