Thread: Ardesa derringer

Ardesa derringer

Hi
    Does anyone have any info on one of these, theres one for sale on guntrader and was curious if anyone has one or used one.
    Not sure what use they would be other than a bit of fun.
    peter

I would imagine, some fun for a while, not very accurate, then bored with it.

Dito above, but if its cheap enough and you have a slot and want one. Have it. You can always sell it again when you get bored with it, if youve payed the right price. Tim

Hi
    Suppose it does seem a bit of a waste of a FAC slot and probably would get little used.

hi, these are a percussion take on the colt no3 rimfire derringer,yes ihave used one ,good fun but as for accuracy forget it .;.this type of gun was designed for shooting someone over a card table .;.if you like it get it and enjoy it.;..cheers greasemonkey.;.

Jim McArthur is offline Frock coat wearing, riverboat dwelling, southern gent
    Does the UK have any (close range! competitions for such pistols?

Jim
    UBC's Police Pistol Manager
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

Hi Jim
    Not sure if there are any specific comps for it or that class of pistols, maybe as a cowboy action side shoot perhaps, thats where it would fit into my theme of guns.
    Greasemonkey can you remember if the barrel was rifled, how much powder did it take and how did you get the ball up the barrel.
    The more I look at the pic the more my interest rises and when my missus saw it she fell for it straight away, she a winchester rifle/western gun nut.

hi.bear with me as i am stretching my memory here,barrel was rifled,charge was about 10g fffg loading was via muzzle using a wood dowell as ramrod instead of the rod intended for the purpoise that protrudes from the front of the gun.;.dont take this as gospel as age and alchohol have not improved my memory!ihave an orginal colt no3 .41 rimfire[obselite s58] breechloader which this gun is based on very pleasing to look at and fondle.go for it!!!..cheers greasemonkey
    Last edited by greasemonkey; 08-02-2009 at 11:40 AM.

Jim McArthur is offline Frock coat wearing, riverboat dwelling, southern gent
    Quote Originally Posted by somtec View Post
    Hi Jim
    and when my missus saw it she fell for it straight away, she a winchester rifle/western gun nut.
    Now THERE's a great wife for you!

Jim
    UBC's Police Pistol Manager
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

Yes Jim shes great, the only problem is I have to buy twice as many guns.

On second thoughts you can never buy too many guns

Peter