Thread: weihrauch 97k centenary (green laminate stock)

weihrauch 97k centenary (green laminate stock)

A couple of questions.

Did they make them in .177 as i have only seen them in .22?

And

Did they only do the centenary in the HW97k or did they do a centenary edition throughout their range?

Regards kelley
    www.hwownersforum.freeforums.org

Quote Originally Posted by chip View Post

Did they only do the centenary in the HW97k or did they do a centenary edition throughout their range?

Regards kelley
    I know they did a limited edition HW95 - See here and a couple of limited edition '35s.
    I seem to remember a laminated stocked HW80 but cant remember if it was a centenary model.

ATB
    Ian

p.s. I sold the 97K in this photo, unfired, on Sunday but I know where theres another one for sale.
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post
    I know they did a limited edition HW95 - See here and a couple of limited edition '35s.
    I seem to remember a laminated stocked HW80 but cant remember if it was a centenary model.

ATB
    Ian

p.s. I sold the 97K in this photo, unfired, on Sunday but I know where theres another one for sale.
    Are these your rifles Ian?
    They are very nice, how do you bring yourself not to shoot them.
    I dont think i could own a rifle and not use it, strange as i am the opposite with pistols. I have some mint pistols i have never used.

I have a HW35 KLS that i love shooting, seriously thought about buying another to keep, unfired. But then thought i could use the money and space to buy another rifle which i dont already own.

I think this collecting lark is a compulsion. i wish i could see them just as tools, no more no less, life would be simpler.

In 1997 Weihrauch announced the production of a HW77K-LE in .22 only.
    This had a natural coloured laminate stock, and the initial production plan was for 100, but the stock makers made more than was intended so the final output was 165, still a very low number.
    The first batch ran from 14558842 to 1458941, and the second batch from 1459688 to 1459752.
    Even with such a low quantity, they did not exactly fly off the shelves, and I bought mine in April 1998 from our sponsor, JSR.
    It's still mint in it's box.
    TD did a review in AGW in '97.

Quote Originally Posted by Troubledshooter View Post
    In 1997 Weihrauch announced the production of a HW77K-LE in .22 only.
    This had a natural coloured laminate stock, and the initial production plan was for 100, but the stock makers made more than was intended so the final output was 165, still a very low number.
    The first batch ran from 14558842 to 1458941, and the second batch from 1459688 to 1459752.
    Even with such a low quantity, they did not exactly fly off the shelves, and I bought mine in April 1998 from our sponsor, JSR.
    It's still mint in it's box.
    TD did a review in AGW in '97.
    Hi troubled shooter,
    How do you regard it, as an investment, or as a collectable item for collectings sake.

i am coming around to the way of thinking that when i am old and unable,
    am i going to wish i had not shot some of the rifles i had, or wish i had shot some of the rifles i had not.

Its nice to own a MINT example of a rare rifle, but surely its better to shoot a good one.

Regards
    Kelley

engin is offline If you can't dazzle them with brilliance...
    I bought a 20 calibre HW97k Centenary off the BBS recently. The stock is somewhat dinked and the varnish has gone matt in places but the little badge under the pistol grip is still there.

I must admit tha I have just replaced the stock with a CS700 in Grade II* walnut. What am I going to do with the laminate? I don't know yet.

...and yes, it is a .20 calibre....

Are these your rifles Ian?
    They are very nice, how do you bring yourself not to shoot them.
    Easy. Ive one or two rifles to go at and with old age I forgets which ones I have and which ones I havent shot.

ATB
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Hi troubled shooter,
    How do you regard it, as an investment, or as a collectable item for collectings sake.

i am coming around to the way of thinking that when i am old and unable,
    am i going to wish i had not shot some of the rifles i had, or wish i had shot some of the rifles i had not.

Its nice to own a MINT example of a rare rifle, but surely its better to shoot a good one.

Regards
    Kelley
    As someone else said not long ago, buy 2, one to shoot and one to look at
    I have rifles and pistols that I bought as an investment, such as the HW77K-LE and BSA Centenaries that I have no intention of using, and I have others I would have no hesitation in using if the opportunity arose.
    At present, it would appear that collectable Air Rifles/Pistols are a better proposition than putting your cash in a bank.

Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post
    Easy. Ive one or two rifles to go at and with old age I forgets which ones I have and which ones I havent shot.

ATB
    Ian

Quote Originally Posted by Troubledshooter View Post
    As someone else said not long ago, buy 2, one to shoot and one to look at
    I have rifles and pistols that I bought as an investment, such as the HW77K-LE and BSA Centenaries that I have no intention of using, and I have others I would have no hesitation in using if the opportunity arose.
    At present, it would appear that collectable Air Rifles/Pistols are a better proposition than putting your cash in a bank.

Thanks, i was just curious at your perspective of airgun collecting.
    As i said i like collecting pistols, and i am happy not to shoot them.
    But with rifles its the opposite, just looking at the pictures of Ian's rifles,i WANT to shoot them.
    And with regard to buying two...in a perfect world.

But then i would be young rich and handsome, and married to kirsty gallacher so i would not have much time for airguns

Regards
    Kelley
    Last edited by chip; 06-02-2009 at 12:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by engin View Post
    I bought a 20 calibre HW97k Centenary off the BBS recently. The stock is somewhat dinked and the varnish has gone matt in places but the little badge under the pistol grip is still there.

I must admit tha I have just replaced the stock with a CS700 in Grade II* walnut. What am I going to do with the laminate? I don't know yet.

...and yes, it is a .20 calibre....
    Nothing like a bit of thread resurrection! I'm hoping you still use the forum, do you still have this? would really like to see some pictures of it, was it one of the 500 uk rifles or was it from elsewhere, what colour was the under lever, black or silver? The American market got the centennial and millennium in .177 & .20 and about 60 of our centenary's made it across the pond as well. Would love more info on yours I'm a massive fan of these( I have 3 centenary's)