Thread: Plinking with my 40

Plinking with my 40

Hi guy's

Had an hour of plinking with my HW40 today at about 15 metres with a 5 target resettable knockdown target (SMK jobby). Had loads of fun with it
    Trouble is after dropping the 4 Buffalo every time I went to hit the reset with the 40 it hit it and wobbled slightly but the buffalo didnt pop back up
    I know the 40 is putting out about 2.8 ft/lbs so its not under powered.

I decided to try and reset the targets with the .177 sniper (now running close on 5.5 ft/lbs) That also made the thing wobble and one Buffalo swung back up

I knocked it down again with the 40 and then fired the ASI at the reset again. Same thing happened, same buffalo reset, other 3 stayed put

Got my Mod19 rifle (approx 11 ft/lbs) out hit the reset with the lead and all buffalo jumped up again the pelet catcher jumped back about an inch those things are ruddy heavy.

Anyhow, looks like 3 of the magnets on the reset bar are very very strong! So now when I plink at the knock downs with my pistols, I need to have my rifle to reset the ruddy thing

Must buy a funnel card target holder

Tony
    UBC Secretary & Web-Manager
    THL Marksman of the Year 2010
    (Airgun Section)

Hi Tony, i have one of these great fun, to weaken the magnets without damaging them tape a bit of card to the back of the buffalo and this should sort it out.

Jason
    Fancy shooting your air pistols & rifles a bit more, then guy's & gal's come visit us at the
    UBC for loads of fun competitions for all types of air pistols and rifles.

Good thinking Batman.
    www.hwownersforum.freeforums.org

Cheers Bud,
    Will give it a try

Tony
    UBC Secretary & Web-Manager
    THL Marksman of the Year 2010
    (Airgun Section)

Red face Ratgunner

Whoops! eye test needed, I've had one of those for a few years and I thought they were Wild Boars

I've got one of the Umarex/Walther versions, with 4 ducks as targets, great fun for a bit of plinking and - as long as you get a good solid hit on the targets - it has always worked fine with a HW40 or something of similar power. In fact, if anything it's possible to use something too powerful, the targets are whacked with such force they rebound off the magnets and don't stay down.

The only problem I have is that apart from a QB57 (a bullpup springer, with a clipped mainspring) which has a red-dot sight on it, I'd be using a pistol which will have been zeroed on a 10m target card, the only way I can aim is aligning the sights over the target itself and then lowering the gun just a little - at which point the sights merge completely with the black body of the pellet catcher.

Iain