Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Bushnell Legend 5-15x40 mildot

Quote Originally Posted by cinstone View Post
    They are grey imports from Sportsman Gun Centre, so i'm told.

Chris.
    Just received one from them (good service too - received a phone call to confirm when to be delivered) with UK warranty cards.

Quote Originally Posted by Tincan View Post
    Hi
    I just bought one from KEENS GUNS it was marked up for £359 and they knocked of £30, i thought i done ok untill i looked on here . got on the blower and told them and they were having none of it telling me the ones on here must be grey imports or Chinese copies and the warranties would be void. I was gutted, well p....d off One good thing is i love the scope, i have an MTC Mamba and Viper and i personally prefer the Legend over the them, its excellent.
    Tincan
    They are talking rubbish, rip off merchants springs to mind
    Last edited by Mutt; 05-05-2009 at 09:19 AM.

Hi
    I just bought one from KEENS GUNS it was marked up for £359 and they knocked of £30, i thought i done ok untill i looked on here . got on the blower and told them and they were having none of it telling me the ones on here must be grey imports or Chinese copies and the warranties would be void. Tincan
    Jesus H........you were ripped off. The one I have is a UK import with registration card etc and cost £139 delivered next day. If its a copy, then they went to a lot of trouble to fake the box, the paperwork, the warranty card and even the little legend label that was hanging the turrets. No I can assure you, these are UK models with UK warranty. Your local gunshop have royally ripped you off big style and they must have laughed their heads off after you walked out the door.

Hi
    I just bought one from KEENS GUNS it was marked up for £359 and they knocked of £30, i thought i done ok untill i looked on here . got on the blower and told them and they were having none of it telling me the ones on here must be grey imports or Chinese copies and the warranties would be void. I was gutted, well p....d off One good thing is i love the scope, i have an MTC Mamba and Viper and i personally prefer the Legend over the them, its excellent.
    Tincan

If you bought it on credit card I would think you'd have some recourse?! People on here might know better.

That price you should be looking at 3200 to 4200 series...

Paid £120 for my legend second hand (as new) with Butler Creek caps. Very happy with it.

I had a Legend when they first came out a few years back, and they were really the first ones that had really decent optics at a fair price, I paid £150 new and got another for £100 secondhand as new off here

I think the MTCs beat them mainly because of better rets and side PA, I dont like the thickish crosshairs on the 5-15 Legend, but I also have a 3-9x40 Legend which has std duplex and it is one of the best 3-9x40 I have ever used

As for comparing the Legend 5-15 to the Pentax Lightseeker, come on now that is a bit of a different league, also you are comparing a sub £200 scope to a £600+ model, I have Lightseeker 8-32 on a long range rifle and can see bullet holes at 500yds, you wont get that performance with the Legend, good as it is

And the Legends are good scopes at good prices no doubt about that
    Baz

http://www.wildcatrifles.co.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by madsox View Post
    Love this scope very clear, cost me £90 from usa bargain!!!!!
    Where did you get it?

THanks

The Legend is my favourite general purpose scope, it will do most jobs well. The optics are very good, though some show a bit of edge distortion at higher mags. Some people say that the mildot spacing is a bit wide, but it works for me, 35 yard zero, 3/4 md at 45, 1 md at 50, and 1 1/2 md at 55 yards. (we shoot HFT out to 55 yds in the South West.) The price has come down a lot recently. They used to be £300, and I imported some from the US at £140, including delivery, VAT, and customs duty. (Rip off Britain?) You can now get them for £140, including a UK warranty.

Gus
    The ox is slow, but the earth is patient.

to what ive been led to believe on the matter....from a very good source..
    is that the cheaper(so called)grey imports will say made in japan on the scope,but is still a bushnell legend.but not there top class glass for this range.

then...
    the people who seem to have payed slightly higher than others on here...
    should say made in the phillipines on theres..
    although both are the real bushnells,one is better than the others..
    im not 100% sure on the matter..but have a look on your scopes and see what you find..
    hope this helps..
    cz .22 ns200/lanber deluxe 12g for sale/luxano 12g/open ticket.

I'd rather have Japanese Optics.

I paid £140 from the Sportsman Gun Centre last week which is a very good price and their service was first rate.

I am sure it is not a grey import as it comes with all the correct packaging and paperwork. Also it is made in the Phillipines.

So dont worry about sportsman Gun Centre, they are OK

phillipines glass is better than jap crap....

Apparently all the Bushnell scopes made in the Phillipines are the scopes to go for.
    From what I have been told all the NEW Bushnell scopes made in China are not of the same quality.
    My legend 5-15x40 is made in the Phillipines.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Richards View Post
    Apparently all the Bushnell scopes made in the Phillipines are the scopes to go for.
    From what I have been told all the NEW Bushnell scopes made in China are not of the same quality.
    your 100% correct.....

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Richards View Post
    Don't forget Japan! The top of the line Bushnell Elites are made there. The top of the range from many leading manufacturers of optical products come from Japan or Germany. It is interesting that many leading scope makers-Bushnell, Simmons and others- moved their quality manufacturing to the Philippines which up to that point didn't really have a 'name' for optical quality.
    China will get it right however: it is just a matter of time before the 'Made in China' badge will NOT necessarily indicate entry level quality.
    'It may be that your sole purpose in life is to serve as a warning to others'.

Reticles

I have three Bushnell Legends, one come from the UK market the other two from the USA. The UK market scope has a very fine ret, the USA purchased scopes have a thicker ret's. These were both purchased from the USA when the exchange rate was better, costing under one hundred pounds. Although Sportsman Gun Centre are doing these for about £135 at moment.

All three say made in Philippines

Martin
    Sako 85 Varmint stainless .308win-Tikka T3 Varmint .223rem.-Sako Quad varmint .17hmr- Beretta 682 gold E--Browning T-bolt .22lr-Anchutz 1417.22lr-Benelli M2 12g 7+1- Marlin 1864c .357mag- Daystate Airwolf .177- Daystate Mk3 .20