Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Bushnell Legend 5-15x40 mildot

Hellequin is offline I used to be indecisive.....
    I'm glad this thread was resurrected too. I just bought one of the 'discontinued' Legends for £125 and bloody hell, what an utter bargain!

Yes the reticle is slightly on the 'thicker than my usual scope' side, especially the four thick posts but it is still very usable and those optics are just stunning for the money. In fact I'd go as far as to say they knock spots off anything else in the price bracket and many others two or three times as expensive. I've bought this one for my HMR and to be honest, I'm considering buying another for my FAC'd HW80K.

I've not long since spent well over £700 importing one of the new FFP Bushnell Tactical Elites for my .223 CF. It's the 6-24x50 with G2 DMR reticle and as should be expected is bloody superb but, to be honest, had I looked through this Legend first I might well have been swayed to put one of them on my .223 Remy instead. I'm not saying the Legend beats the new Tactical Elite I have but from a Mark 1 eyeball point of view, I really don't think the glass is that far off. (Although the ret is another matter entirely )

Anyway, just my two penneth worth on what has to be the bargain of the year, if not the decade (so far). I'm one seriously happy bunny!

TERRYT is offline I DID see a pussy. I DID! I DID!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellequin View Post
    I'm glad this thread was resurrected too. I just bought one of the 'discontinued' Legends for £125 and bloody hell, what an utter bargain!

Yes the reticle is slightly on the 'thicker than my usual scope' side, especially the four thick posts but it is still very usable and those optics are just stunning for the money. In fact I'd go as far as to say they knock spots off anything else in the price bracket and many others two or three times as expensive. I've bought this one for my HMR and to be honest, I'm considering buying another for my FAC'd HW80K.

I've not long since spent well over £700 importing one of the new FFP Bushnell Tactical Elites for my .223 CF. It's the 6-24x50 with G2 DMR reticle and as should be expected is bloody superb but, to be honest, had I looked through this Legend first I might well have been swayed to put one of them on my .223 Remy instead. I'm not saying the Legend beats the new Tactical Elite I have but from a Mark 1 eyeball point of view, I really don't think the glass is that far off. (Although the ret is another matter entirely )

Anyway, just my two penneth worth on what has to be the bargain of the year, if not the decade (so far). I'm one seriously happy bunny!
    Totaly agree!! I have the Bushnell 4200 tactical 6-24x50 on my Winchester Coyote 70, 22-250, and it is superb, but this little Legend "as that is what it will become" is stunning for the price. I paid like you £125.00 I may put this on the .204 Ruger.

ATVB TERRY
    Although I still walk softly with a big "STICK" I firmly believe the carrot works best,

Quote Originally Posted by jennifer View Post
    Totaly agree!! I have the Bushnell 4200 tactical 6-24x50 on my Winchester Coyote 70, 22-250, and it is superb, but this little Legend "as that is what it will become" is stunning for the price. I paid like you £125.00 I may put this on the .204 Ruger.

ATVB TERRY
    The old legends are very good im impressed with the one I have on my 177 daystate harrier.
    Though I went for the 4x12x44 model. As it has standard zplex ret.

Which I think is better suited for air rifle. And nice and fine. Though not to fine you lose it against darker back grounds

Good review for the money the legend is a very capable scope, with PA it is great for gallery rifle.

Scott