Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: February Police Pistol Competition (PPC) and Side Match

Dark Horse??

I was doing great that day, and am hoping that it wasn't all a fluke!! We shall see the next time. I am having so much fun with you all, and can't wait until May when we all meet.

I need some advice: We are trying to decide whether to rent a car or get some flex rail passes. I am a bit nervous about sitting on the wrong side of the car and driving on the wrong side of the road - afraid old habits will be hard to break. However, a car gives us more flexibility, since we are going to Stratford and Coventry.

Thanks, guys! Jan
    Quote Originally Posted by cookie View Post
    My hat is off, 285 with open sights, first class shooting.

Thanks Jim for taking the time to run the competiton again, another grand job and i'm sure the rest of the gang feel the same way.

Well done to everyone who took part, now watch out for Jan she is a bit of a dark horse in our comps.

atvb

Jason
    Jan McArthur

"When a [wo]man is tired of London... [s]he is tired of life!" (Johnson)
    It is the most marvelous city in the world!

Well done to all, thanks again Jim.
    wonder what you will think of for the next side shoot?

Adjustable sights for my birthday on Friday, then practice, practice, practice

mike

. I am a bit nervous about sitting on the wrong side of the car and driving on the wrong side of the road -

If I could just pick you up on this Jan, for once you'll be driving on the 'Right' side of the road. It's you lot out there that drive on the wrong side

Anyway, best to rent a car, so much more freedom of movement and no waiting around for trains and buses. I promise you you'll soon get used to driving on the 'Right' side of the road.

Good luck, Phil
    Last edited by Phil G; 24-02-2009 at 09:32 PM.

Jim McArthur is offline Frock coat wearing, riverboat dwelling, southern gent
    Quote Originally Posted by mike145 View Post
    Well done to all, thanks again Jim.
    wonder what you will think of for the next side shoot?

Adjustable sights for my birthday on Friday, then practice, practice, practice

mike

I have some ideas: courtesy of 38thfoot.

Jim
    UBC's Police Pistol Manager
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

Well done Jason, good shooting. As for 38thfoot what can I say, excellent score, where do we hang up our guns?

And Jan, I warned you back in October. She's making great progress. If we could all accomplish that rate of improvement we'd be posting 300's. Well done Jan.

Our thanks to Jim for holding it all together, a task not too easy.

Good luck, Phil

I am sure it was simply a case of the shooting gods popping in for coffee. Next month they will probably slam my fingers in a door.

AA S410K .22, BSA Supersport .22, HW40 .177, Umarex Berretta 92fs .177 Webley Junior .177 (1954)

Quote Originally Posted by Phil G View Post
    Well done Jason, good shooting. As for 38thfoot what can I say, excellent score, where do we hang up our guns?

And Jan, I warned you back in October. She's making great progress. If we could all accomplish that rate of improvement we'd be posting 300's. Well done Jan.

Our thanks to Jim for holding it all together, a task not too easy.

Good luck, Phil
    You're most welcome, Phil. And Jan enjoyed your comments!

Jim
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

Correction on Mike 145's choice of pistol

Mike145 posts a correction: his pistol used throughout the February Police comp was a Reck Police C225.

Jim