Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: February Police Pistol Competition (PPC) and Side Match

Quote Originally Posted by cookie View Post
    Have another read of the first post fella.

You coming to the 2nd UBC Meet ???
    Tempted, but it hasn't moved much further south though!
    However would be great to meet up with everyone specially cos the cap'n and mrs jim will be over. It's a long old haul but we'll see, its a few months off yet.

Jim McArthur is offline Frock coat wearing, riverboat dwelling, southern gent
    Quote Originally Posted by Crabbet View Post
    Tempted, but it hasn't moved much further south though!
    However would be great to meet up with everyone specially cos the cap'n and mrs jim will be over. It's a long old haul but we'll see, its a few months off yet.
    We both sure hope you can make it, Crabbet!

Jim
    UBC's Police Pistol Manager
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

Hi Jim, Feb PP1 score pm'd to you.

atb Phil

Got it, Phil.

Jim
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

Quote Originally Posted by Jim McArthur View Post
    Yes, I daresay that few of us realize just how bad we are with our weak hand (which for me - Jan also - is the right hand).

Jim
    God, the mind boggles....

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Sniper View Post
    My barrel now has a bit of a droop

Tony
    Just read this.....ooeeerrrr missus

Russ
    Air Arms S400 Classic - Hawke Airmax 3-9x40 AO MAP6, SMK QB78 DL - JSR 4x40 Mildot ill.El Gamo ASI sniper, BSA Airsporter MkVI. UBC#22 - Sheridan EB22, Gamo Compact:R77-4:Falcon, Walther PPK, CP88 shiney, SMK G10, Baikal 53M:MAK, Crosman 357

scores submitted, lets just say I was pleasently supprised.

AA S410K .22, BSA Supersport .22, HW40 .177, Umarex Berretta 92fs .177 Webley Junior .177 (1954)

Quote Originally Posted by 38thfoot View Post
    scores submitted, lets just say I was pleasently supprised.

Indeed, Tony! Congratulations on a job VERY well done!

Jim

Second (and last) weekend coming up, mates: all over on the 22rd.

Jim

Here are February's Results!

OK mates, here are the results for the February Police Pistol Competition and Side Match. I'm very pleased that we had as many as 10 shooters, since many of you had to brave some really cold weather to get out there.

In the Main Match:

OPTICAL Division:

- MIKE B had the dubious distinction of taking both the Wooden Spoon AND the Bronze medal, with a score of 263, using his Walther Night Hawk with red dot sight and RWS Hobby pellets.

- we know that in the Battle of the Titans for Optical Division Champion, it's always a toss-up between Cookie and PhilG. Well, this time PHILG took Silver, with a score of 277. Phil used his trusty 8" S&W, and a variety of pellets.

- so that means....yep, you guessed it! COOKIE is our Optical Division champ this time, with a score of 282. Cookie fired his CP99 with Laser sight, and Geco pellets.

OPEN Division (iron sights):

- CRABBET took Wooden Spoon this time with a 173: BUT, you must realize he was competing with a smoothbore PPK and Gamo round balls: not bad with such a poor piece of kit!

- Even better was Crabbet's mate SHANE, a new competitor, who shot an
    excellent score of 236 with the same rig. Way to go, Shane!

- Then came MIKEB with a score of 253, using his Beretta 92FS and RWS Hobby pellets.

- In the 4th spot: JAN McARTHUR! Jan is really moving up as a force to be reckoned with! She scored 257, now that she's using better equipment
    (6" Smith, Daisy Precision Max pellets).

And now, for the big prize money!

- Third place goes to JIM McARTHUR, scoring 270, with the same Umarex Smith, and Daisy pellets.

- Second place goes to MIKE 145! Mike scored 273 with his Crosman MK2, and Bisley Practice pellets.

- AND NOW (as a hush falls upon the crowd,,,,) : the Gold goes to
    38THFOOT, who fired a truly astounding score of 285 , topping even the Optical winner! 38th/Tony used a Beretta 92F and RWS Hobby pellets. Congratulations to him for a truly amazing bit of pistol shooting.

In the Side Match (open and open scored together here):

- MIKE145 pulled up the rear, with a score of 46.

- Barely-next-to-last was me, JIM MCARTHUR, nudging Mike out with a 47.

- Then came 38THFOOT, with 50.

- Bronze fell to MIKEB, at 51 (using his Optical equipment)

- JAN McARTHUR defended the US honor by taking Silver, with a score of 53.

- And the Big Champ in Side Match this time was MIKEB again, with a score of 56: this time (strangely) shooting better with his Open rig than with Optical.

So there you have it! I'll be posting the scores to the Boards, and making the announcement for the March competition, very soon.

Thanks to all who competed, and a special thanks to MIKEB for competing all-around: both open and optical, main and side!

Jim
    Last edited by Jim McArthur; 15-03-2009 at 11:12 PM.

Thank you Jim, the pleasure was all mine.

I thoroughly enjoyed this months match, which is more than can be said for my pathetic effort in the Snooker comp!

Quote Originally Posted by Jim McArthur View Post
    - AND NOW (as a hush falls upon the crowd,,,,) : the Gold goes to
    38THFOOT, who fired a truly astounding score of 285 , topping even the Optical winner! 38th/Tony used a Beretta 92F and RWS Hobby pellets. Congratulations to him for a truly amazing bit of pistol shooting.

Jim
    My hat is off, 285 with open sights, first class shooting.

Thanks Jim for taking the time to run the competiton again, another grand job and i'm sure the rest of the gang feel the same way.

Well done to everyone who took part, now watch out for Jan she is a bit of a dark horse in our comps.

atvb

Jason
    Fancy shooting your air pistols & rifles a bit more, then guy's & gal's come visit us at the
    UBC for loads of fun competitions for all types of air pistols and rifles.

Sorry Jim,
    I couldnt compete this round Had so much on and not any time to do it

Oh well, maybe next month.

Take care and well dont to all who competed

Tony
    UBC Secretary & Web-Manager
    THL Marksman of the Year 2010
    (Airgun Section)

I really ought to get into this class, next month mayhaps..

well done to Mike & 38th.

Russ
    Air Arms S400 Classic - Hawke Airmax 3-9x40 AO MAP6, SMK QB78 DL - JSR 4x40 Mildot ill.El Gamo ASI sniper, BSA Airsporter MkVI. UBC#22 - Sheridan EB22, Gamo Compact:R77-4:Falcon, Walther PPK, CP88 shiney, SMK G10, Baikal 53M:MAK, Crosman 357

damn spoons......
    very poor.

Quote Originally Posted by Crabbet View Post
    damn spoons......
    very poor.

But, consider the pistol!

Jim