Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Whats the best target pistol, say upto £700?

Whats the best target pistol, say upto £700?

Looking for a target pistol to expand my horizons, might have upto £700 to spend.

Any recommendations?, what are the Rohm pistols like?

I only want pre-charged, can be multishot but i'd like the option of single shot as well. Gotta be available in left handed too.

barrel is offline Work is the refuge of people who have nothing better to do

Very nice pistols

The Falcon FN8 is a beauty and you would have plenty change.

Regards

Barrel
    IF I WALKED ON WATER PEOPLE WOULD SAY I COULD NOT SWIM !

Thanks, I was thinking more along the lines of the Rohm Twinmasters, secondhand Steyr, Morini etc..

Had a play with a Styer LP50 at the UBC meet.

Ohhhh what a pistol it was not set up for my hand or eye, but I beat its owner and everyone else who used it (Never get tired of bragging this one out).

I know they are expensive but if you can get a 2nd user one it would be well worth it.

I did also have a go with a Rohm Twinmaster about a year ago, also impressive. But gimme the LP50 anyday

Tony
    UBC Secretary & Web-Manager
    THL Marksman of the Year 2010
    (Airgun Section)

Problem is i'm left handed so their all rare as rocking horse doo doos unless I buy new or fork out for a new grip.

The Doctor is offline It's my birthday and I'll cry if I want to
    Secondhand steyr lp10 - better trigger than the LP50 an I would say if you are going down the multishot route, get a dedicated one later on - it all depends what you are after at the end of the day. FWB and Morini do some nice pistols that can be had for sub-700 second hand (look on the surrey guns website, there is a rather nice LEFT handed morini on there at the moment.

Lee
    Please tear carefully along the perforation.

BigEars Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by andythilo View Post
    Problem is i'm left handed so their all rare as rocking horse doo doos unless I buy new or fork out for a new grip.
    A left handed anatomical grip for a Rohm will set you back about £80. Worth every penny.

Brough, Cumbria (just up from the Pub...Hic...!)
    I have two Steyr pistols and they are the dogs danglies, both shoot much better than me....

One may be up for sale soon (LP10), You have a PM...

Cheers, Dave.
    Air Arms S400 Custom shop .177 4-16x44 SR12 (the boy's bought his own rifle )
    HW97k Anniversary V-Mach Lazaglide .177 with a EB Sniper 10x42...And that is it...

I am really pleased with my FWB. I have used the Styer's too - great guns

All I can suggest is try before you buy (if possible) as they all have their 'finer' points that need looking at

ATB

Phil
    AAS200T.177 & S510SL .177. FWB P70(diopter), P70 FT(Big Nikko) Steyr LP10, LG110(Big Nikko), LG20(diopter) . The gun is deadly accurate - shame about the user

Twinmasters are great, and a good deal cheaper than even a secondhand Steyr. I have an almost brand new Twinmaster Top for sale at the moment. PM me if interested.

U.

You can get a FAS 609 new for under £700 a very good pistol about the lowest priced match air pistol.

call me if you would like more information.

peter

Thanks for all the infor guys. I've been offered a LP10 at a very good price, so I'll probably go with that and get a nice laminated rink grip from Edin Killie.

If you have that much to spend and want it for match shooting, then always go for a quality dedicated pistol such as Steyr's, Morini's and FWB's. The FAS is very good as are the SAM's.

Bob
    All of us could take a lesson from the weather. It pays no attention to criticism.

BARPC

Basingstoke Air Rifle & Pistol Club. Founded 1975

I've decided on the Morini that Surrey Guns have. Already left handed, electronic trigger, looks the mutts nuts

Quote Originally Posted by andythilo View Post
    I've decided on the Morini that Surrey Guns have. Already left handed, electronic trigger, looks the mutts nuts
    Good choice!
    All of us could take a lesson from the weather. It pays no attention to criticism.

BARPC

Basingstoke Air Rifle & Pistol Club. Founded 1975