Thread: Pedesoli Continental Duelling Pistol

Pedesoli Continental Duelling Pistol

Hi,
    I am considering one of these as my first single shot pistol.

Does anyone have one? What are they like in use? Any good or bad points?

Cheers,
    Blackrat

Never fired one, but as they are a Pedersoli, it will be well made. Worth speaking to our man Ted, hes probably had one.

hi, a friend of mine shoots one of these in .36 calibre, he can shoot sub 2inch groups at 20 yds but he weighs his loads carefully, these will outshoot any percussion revolver and are much more relaxing to shoot .if you like the look of it ,go for it there is no better reason ,hope this helps greasemonkey..

Quote Originally Posted by greasemonkey View Post
    hi, a friend of mine shoots one of these in .36 calibre, he can shoot sub 2inch groups at 20 yds but he weighs his loads carefully, these will outshoot any percussion revolver and are much more relaxing to shoot .if you like the look of it ,go for it there is no better reason ,hope this helps greasemonkey..
    Just looked on the Pedersoli website, and they only show these in .45 cal.

Hi,
    Thanks for the info. Luckily I have a spare .45 slot available.
    Wobbly, thanks I'll give Ted a shout as well

Greasemonkey, thanks sounds tempting. Hitting the target on a regular basis would keep me happy Any ideas what loads your friend uses?

Blackrat

Iv never seen the continental duelling pistol but i do have a Pedersoli Le Page in .44 and its a cracking pistol. Well made and more accurate than my Rogers and spencer by a long way. Has a set trigger and a good sight picture which helps. I use a .435" ball, .010" patch soaked in wonder lube, 18grns of Swiss fine and any old primers i have at the time as it will happily shoot any size or brand that iv ever tried.
    If the continental is anything like the le page you wont be disapointed. Tim

hi,sorry wobbly is right ,the pedesoli le page .36 is no longer in production .my friends is a few years old .google and you will come up with a few .36 le pages.;i wonder wether there was any accuracy difference between .36 and.;45...greasemonkey
    Last edited by greasemonkey; 10-02-2009 at 08:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by greasemonkey View Post
    hi,sorry wobbly is right ,the pedesoli le page .36 is no longer in production .my friends is a few years old .google and you will come up with a few .36 le pages.;i wonder wether there was any accuracy difference between .36 and.;45...greasemonkey
    You are getting confused, between Le Page, and Continental Duelling.

The Le Page is still avaliable in .31 .36 & .44 cal

Blackrat it asking about the Continental duelling pistol, which only seems to be in .45 cal

wobbly, you are quite right i am confusing the two ,ill put it down to age and alchohol..my apologies...i do sometimes wonder why more members at our club do not shoot single shot pistols.;they are so relaxing to shoot and are very accurate yet most members prefer the closed frame revolvers ,but then i prefer single shot rifles.;.so it must just be me.;.cheers greasemonkey