Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: favourite pump up/s

setra site

hi mick... yes please send me the addy for the site. hope all is well. atb john.

Quote Originally Posted by JOHN K View Post
    hi mick... yes please send me the addy for the site. hope all is well. atb john.

Very well thankyou John

Here's the post on the AVA http://www.network54.com/Forum/40594...+SUPER+MG++6MM Enjoy

A click on Robert's name should give his Email addy.

How are you getting on carving your new Aluminium trigger guard by the way ?

All the best Mick

Pump ups !

Hiya Mick, good to hear from you, ( I know you like the pumpers )
    Yes, I have the early & late model 140,s. The older one is a bit of a basket case, But shoots, & great woodwork,
    As both Exhaust valve systems are " Blow off " I thought they would only fit the CR 1300 ? ( I have never had an Autococking 1322, )

The Exhaust valve assemby ! After being told it was for a Benji/Sheridan, I found it fitted this Pic_ http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m...Picture110.jpg
    My Pre-Charged model, Same Diameter, bolt/Hole locations etc, 19.40 mm. OD

This would make an easy Pre-Charged Benji/Sheridan pumper, With the cylinder inside the pump tube, !
    Cheers Ged, just a Pic _ Early Sheridans, 1966 & 1971,
    Pic_http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m...Picture042.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by gedfinn 2 View Post
    Hiya Mick, good to hear from you, ( I know you like the pumpers )
    Yes, I have the early & late model 140,s. The older one is a bit of a basket case, But shoots, & great woodwork,
    As both Exhaust valve systems are " Blow off " I thought they would only fit the CR 1300 ? ( I have never had an Autococking 1322, )

The Exhaust valve assemby ! After being told it was for a Benji/Sheridan, I found it fitted this Pic_ http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m...Picture110.jpg
    My Pre-Charged model, Same Diameter, bolt/Hole locations etc, 19.40 mm. OD

This would make an easy Pre-Charged Benji/Sheridan pumper, With the cylinder inside the pump tube, !
    Cheers Ged, just a Pic _ Early Sheridans, 1966 & 1971,
    Pic_http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m...Picture042.jpg
    Hi Ged

The 140 and 1300 valve are the same except for the threaded hole at the front of the valve.
    I can't see any reason why the valve couldn't be rotated by a few degrees and a new hole drilled and tapped at the same size as the one in a 13xx valve.
    This would have to be used with a 1300 piston or a flat top O ring piston (I normally machine up flat top pistons for the 1322's anyway).
    The trigger sears in the 1300 and 1322 look near enough identical and the part numbers are very close.
    The trigger is the same part number as is the frame according to this http://www.crosman.com/airguns/servi...rosman-pistols
    So when I've finished making one 140 out of two I'll have enough parts left over to make a 1322 autococker.

The reason I asked the OD of the Benji valve is that I'm presently making another Stainless pump tube for another 1322.
    The ID of the Stainless tube I'm using is 22mm (pre hone) so I could save some time on the lathe if there was a readily available 7/8" OD valve.
    With this size pump it should be possible to move over twice as much air per stroke, so it should cut down on all that pumping.
    The only downside is that I'm going to have to run the pump handle all the way down the side of the tube to get enough leverage to keep the pumping at a manageable force (double air, double the length pump handle). This should also take a bit of strain off the trigger frame.

Love that Silverstreak stock by the way.

All the best Mick

SETRA WEBSITE UPDATE

Hi Folks

I have recieved an Email from Robert in Spain who is updating the Setra website.

He would like anyone with a surviving Setra to send him pictures of their gun (sorry Ged,--guns ).

His Email address is robert.chastang@gmail.com

He would also like pictures of anything else Setra related so I will send him PDF's of all the old Airgun World articles I have and a few adverts.

He seemed quite surprised that the guns were exported to England.

All the best Mick

I love my silver streak - just got an innova - but the one that really makes me smile is my Benjamin Franklin 347.

It's so light which makes it easy to carry around the fields but delivers a mighty thwack to Mr Bunny.

In the past I've had Crosman 1377,1322,766 and currently own two 2100's, one has the black stock with gold but spacer and trigger. I've also had a Sharp Innova in .22 flavour, never got round to getting any of the Benjamming or Sheriden rifles. I liked the early silver/blue streaks that had the back up shot capabillty you got 2 shots for one charge,although if I remember the second shot wasn't as powerfull as the first.

pump ups

i have had crossman 2200 sharp ace but my best pump up is my trusty innova .22 a supreme hunting rifle.
    hw 80 .22 mk1
    sharp innova .22
    hw 95 177

Smile

My favorite pump up pistol is my 1377c and my favourite pump up carabine is my 2289g.

Plugged the 2289g's bleedhole tonight

Quote Originally Posted by springboy View Post
    I liked the early silver/blue streaks that had the back up shot capabillty you got 2 shots for one charge,although if I remember the second shot wasn't as powerfull as the first.
    To get the Sheridan, Benjamin and Setra under 12ftlb's the importers cut the hammer springs down so that the gun became a two shot per pumping gun.
    After the first shot you had to put 2 or 3 pumps into the gun to bring the second shot back up to 12ftlb's, the pump sequence of some guns were published in Airgunworld Gun tests.
    John Bowkett in his experiments found that a fully pumped Benjamin would give one shot at 18ftlb's when all the air was dumped, or 3 shots at 12ftlb's when the valve was used as a reservoir and a shorter hammer spring used.
    This idea is now being toted in the States as the ACV (Air Conserving Valve) in conjunction with a HDD (Hammer Debounce Device), basically someone is trying to take credit for John's experiments from 20 years ago.

All the best Mick

Pumpers

Apache BB/.25 cal
    Rochester Precision AR

cinedux.com

Quote Originally Posted by Brutuz View Post
    My favorite pump up pistol is my 1377c and my favourite pump up carabine is my 2289g.

Plugged the 2289g's bleedhole tonight
    I always think how good it was of Crosman to drill the bleed hole at just the right size so that you can tap it to 3mm and loctite a grubscrew in.

It's a shame all manufacturers aren't as thoughtfull.

All the best Mick