Thread: Baby tornado

ggggr is offline part time super hero and seeker of justice

Baby tornado

Someone sent me some photo copies of relums and it had a baby tornado in it. How much would one of these be now and are they any good. I assume the were a childs intro to airguns?

Norwich 'A Fine City' (unless you're a driver)
    I have heard of the grand total of two of these in various peoples hands. Never seen one myself and I reckon its extremely rare as its one of the early Relums. Would certainly buy one if I found one for sale.

Value would depend on being a Relum/FEG nut, like me, as a big Tornado goes for around £60 in good condition, the rarity of the baby mght make it slightly more valuable. However its an anorak/collectors only item I would have thought...

'Baby Tornado' ? If its anything like the more usual Tornados I bet it doesn't have any parents.

ATB
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Quote Originally Posted by ggggr View Post
    Going through old threads and decided to give this a bump. Anyone?
    Glad you did, I missed IJs wit the first time round.

anybody got any pics of one of these as i think i may possibly have one, mine is alot smaller than the ones i've seen before and i don't know if it was made that way or if somebody has shortened the stock and the barrel?
    atvb
    dean

If thats the one in Neil's photos I reckon that its a standard size with an alrered barrel, a muzzle brake or somewthing of that ilk, the baby Relum's were are supposed to be smaller that that. Also supposed to be .177, though there may have been .22 as well.

re

Quote Originally Posted by ogilkes View Post
    If thats the one in Neil's photos I reckon that its a standard size with an alrered barrel, a muzzle brake or somewthing of that ilk, the baby Relum's were are supposed to be smaller that that. Also supposed to be .177, though there may have been .22 as well.
    I had a baby rellum brought it from Dennis hiller seconde hand it cost around 40 pound the same price as the standard model their was no scope groves had a very small diameter air chamber looked very much like the sport model slightly better build quality than the super tornado very low powered and why did I buy it because I had 40 pound I think I replaced the spring with a Diana 25 spring back in the day when you could feed you hawk and ferrets sprows and starlings and when a kid with a air rifle was just a kid with a air rifle

white ferret

Don't suppose you've still got it and want to sell it?

No, not starting a sales thread.....

Ugly Baby

Sorry havent got it anymore it went along time ago, tried selling it in a couple of local gun shops, they said it was a bag of ####e. I sold it to a local junk shop it sat there unwanted and unoiled for a while and probabaly ended up a poker.

White Ferret.