Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Second U.B.C. Meet & Competition

Garry is online now I scrolled the page up too fast and it fell off
    I got your email thanks Paddy.
    I'll post a cheque after the weekend. We've run out of envelopes so I'll get some Saturday.

Garry

Quote Originally Posted by GarryP View Post
    I got your email thanks Paddy.
    I'll post a cheque after the weekend. We've run out of envelopes so I'll get some Saturday.

Garry

Received cheque this morning thanks for your payment & to Liam 'Sensei Gizmo'.

Not long now for the Meet.

Regards
    Paddy.
    BE-HAPPY-OK

Post shoot festivities?

Hi all, not long to go now!

I'm under orders from Cheryl to ask a couple of questions:
    What sort of time will the shooting cease (and the smoke clear and the dust settle)?
    Is there any plan around evening festivities, or once the shooting meet is over will everyone just be playing it by ear?

Cheers

Adam

P.S. we're both staying at the Holiday Inn so looks like there'll be quite a few of us there.
    “We are too much accustomed to attribute to a single cause that which is the product of several, and the majority of our controversies come from that.” - Marcus Aurelius

Hi Adam,

Paddy will confirm this no doubt, but we should be finished somewhere between 2.30 and 4pm, depending on how many turn up.

We'll probably all pile in to the Greyhound Pub apres-shoot, which is literally yards from the venue, and a very nice traditional English pub to boot. You should by this point still be reasonably full from Helen's wonderful grub at the shoot.

A couple of shandies later, back to the Holiday Inn and hit the bar, or if you want to get washed and changed, meet us in there later. They do very decent bar snacks like angus burger and chips, lasagne, pizza etc if a little pricey. Eat when you're hungry and drink when you're thirsty.

Cheers Mike, sounds good.
    “We are too much accustomed to attribute to a single cause that which is the product of several, and the majority of our controversies come from that.” - Marcus Aurelius

Quote Originally Posted by Adam77K View Post
    Hi all, not long to go now!

I'm under orders from Cheryl to ask a couple of questions:
    What sort of time will the shooting cease (and the smoke clear and the dust settle)?
    Is there any plan around evening festivities, or once the shooting meet is over will everyone just be playing it by ear?

Cheers

Adam

P.S. we're both staying at the Holiday Inn so looks like there'll be quite a few of us there.
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeB View Post
    Hi Adam,

Paddy will confirm this no doubt, but we should be finished somewhere between 2.30 and 4pm, depending on how many turn up.

We'll probably all pile in to the Greyhound Pub apres-shoot, which is literally yards from the venue, and a very nice traditional English pub to boot. You should by this point still be reasonably full from Helen's wonderful grub at the shoot.

A couple of shandies later, back to the Holiday Inn and hit the bar, or if you want to get washed and changed, meet us in there later. They do very decent bar snacks like angus burger and chips, lasagne, pizza etc if a little pricey. Eat when you're hungry and drink when you're thirsty.

Hi Adam.

Yep I couldn't of worded it better myself, thanks Mike

Helen will be doing the food, planning on serving it about 13:00 & we will have a tea urn available, so you should be nice & refreshed throughout the day.

Looking at about 15:00 - 15:30 for presenting the awards. Then we all can chill out.

There will be alot going on thoughout the day so it will be rather busy with snooker spinner, 10m comps going on while the standard 6yd comp is going on & Then the PP pistol will take place.

I'll be meeting up at the Hotel on the Friday to say hello for a few hrs then I'll go back home (only 17miles)

Regards
    Paddy.
    BE-HAPPY-OK

Can't wait for Saturday!
    Is there any provision for practice shots/sighting in? I've only shot my pistols one day in the past 5 months, and I'm not sure what range they're zeroed at

Thanks
    Garry

BigEars Guest
    Have fun guys, I'll be in Spain but I'll be thinking of all those pellets whizzing.

Quote Originally Posted by GarryP View Post
    Can't wait for Saturday!
    Is there any provision for practice shots/sighting in? I've only shot my pistols one day in the past 5 months, and I'm not sure what range they're zeroed at

Thanks
    Garry
    Hi Garry, no problem we will set up a target for zeroing.
    Fancy shooting your air pistols & rifles a bit more, then guy's & gal's come visit us at the
    UBC for loads of fun competitions for all types of air pistols and rifles.

That's great
    It probably won't make any difference the way I shoot, but I'm trying to cultivate a professional image to put the others off. Wooden spoons don't grow on trees, you know!

This is not going to be a serious event is it i can see shot's dropping into the 2 ring just to make sure we have a chance of getting a wooden spoon.
    Fancy shooting your air pistols & rifles a bit more, then guy's & gal's come visit us at the
    UBC for loads of fun competitions for all types of air pistols and rifles.