Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Second U.B.C. Meet & Competition

Quote Originally Posted by Jim McArthur View Post
    Has anyone decided on a B&B or hotel there in Coventry? Or does anyone have any recommendations for one?

It'd be fun to have a UBC group at one of the lodging places.

Jim
    Hi Jim

Contact Jason or MikeB as they have sorted there B&B close to the venue. They will be the best people to ask.

Regards
    Paddy.
    BE-HAPPY-OK

Jim McArthur is offline Frock coat wearing, riverboat dwelling, southern gent

Air pistol purchase?

Jan and I decided against bringing our air pistols, figuring it might cause a hassle at customs.

The day before we're at Coventry, we'll be at Stratford-upon-Avon, and there's a gun shop there called "Guns & Sports" that I wanted to check out last May: but we were there on a Sunday and they were closed

I'm going to contact the shop about this: but offhand, does anyone foresee a problem with me being able to buy an air pistol there?

I'd rather get a new inexpensive pistol there, even if I couldn't take it home, than lose my Smith: which I have sighted in just the way I want.

Jim
    UBC's Police Pistol Manager
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

Hi, can you pencil me in for this meeting? Got to re-organise work schedule.

atb Phil

=

Jan and I decided against bringing our air pistols, figuring it might cause a hassle at customs.

The day before we're at Coventry, we'll be at Stratford-upon-Avon, and there's a gun shop there called "Guns & Sports" that I wanted to check out last May: but we were there on a Sunday and they were closed

I'm going to contact the shop about this: but offhand, does anyone foresee a problem with me being able to buy an air pistol there?

I'd rather get a new inexpensive pistol there, even if I couldn't take it home, than lose my Smith: which I have sighted in just the way I want.

Jim

No problem Jim, just a long as you speak in your finest English accent

Start practicing.

atb Phil

Jim
    Hi Jim.

If you are going to Stratford Upon Avon the day before. Your best bet is, instead of going back to London go to the B&B where Jason is stopping on the Friday night as it's only 23miles away from Stratford to Coventry, then go back to London Saturday night

As for the Pistols there will be enough pistols to go round. Jim (Target Bunny) if he is able to go (which he should) has the Smith revolver.

Regards
    Paddy.
    BE-HAPPY-OK

Quote Originally Posted by Phil G View Post
    No problem Jim, just a long as you speak in your finest English accent

Start practicing.

atb Phil

I'll need a LOT of work, Phil!

Jim
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

Quote Originally Posted by Pad. E View Post
    Hi Jim.

If you are going to Stratford Upon Avon the day before. Your best bet is, instead of going back to London go to the B&B where Jason is stopping on the Friday night as it's only 23miles away from Stratford to Coventry, then go back to London Saturday night

As for the Pistols there will be enough pistols to go round. Jim (Target Bunny) if he is able to go (which he should) has the Smith revolver.

Regards
    Paddy.
    Sounds like a good plan, in both respects, Pad.

I spoke with Jim D. about this. He very nicely offered us the loan of his pistols, for which we're very grateful.

Me knowing myself, though: I can't imagine that I'm going to visit England, and go to an air pistol comp there, without picking up an appropriate souvenir of my trip!

Jim

Sounds like a good plan, in both respects, Pad.

I spoke with Jim D. about this. He very nicely offered us the loan of his pistols, for which we're very grateful.

Me knowing myself, though: I can't imagine that I'm going to visit England, and go to an air pistol comp there, without picking up an appropriate souvenir of my trip!

Jim
    Cheers Jim.

Just thinking of you & Jan

Saves yourself a whole load of unneeded miles & having to suffer our road system
    BE-HAPPY-OK

Jim I have a Smith if you and Jan want to compete against each other.

Another quick point to make is, if you feel like joining in the fun,but don't have a pistol, don't worry, most of the gang own multiple pistols and there will be more than enough to go round, we are more than happy for others to use our gun's in the hope of more joining our sport.
    Fancy shooting your air pistols & rifles a bit more, then guy's & gal's come visit us at the
    UBC for loads of fun competitions for all types of air pistols and rifles.

Has anyone decided on a B&B or hotel there in Coventry? Or does anyone have any recommendations for one?

It'd be fun to have a UBC group at one of the lodging places.

Jim
    Hi Jim the Holiday inn is a great little place a few of use stayed there during the last meet, have a look back at Mike B's post about 2 for 1 deal.
    Fancy shooting your air pistols & rifles a bit more, then guy's & gal's come visit us at the

Quote Originally Posted by MikeB View Post
    You got the two for one deal again?
    Of course, i need to save my money for Beer.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_J View Post
    Ofcourse it got off the ground Jim. But with only one member. Me. I still refuse to shoot those replica looking pea shooters though.
    Andy You'll still be welcome even if you refuse to shoot our pee shooters . Bring your pistols along & if there below 6fb lb use them & show us how it's done

Regards
    Paddy.
    BE-HAPPY-OK

Quote Originally Posted by MikeB View Post
    Hmmmm...

Says the man with the faux leatherette pellet pouch.

How dare you sirrah.......

I'll have you know that pouch is made from the skin of the well known highland ferret

They have legs on one side longer than the other so they can chase mice around the hillside. unfortunately, if they try to chase the other way round they fall over

Russ
    Last edited by Firestorm; 16-02-2009 at 09:04 AM.
    Air Arms S400 Classic - Hawke Airmax 3-9x40 AO MAP6, SMK QB78 DL - JSR 4x40 Mildot ill.El Gamo ASI sniper, BSA Airsporter MkVI. UBC#22 - Sheridan EB22, Gamo Compact:R77-4:Falcon, Walther PPK, CP88 shiney, SMK G10, Baikal 53M:MAK, Crosman 357

I am hoping to get there too and shoot some real air pistols (you do have a class for real air pistols?)

regards

Andy_J (RAPE.) Real Air Pistol Enthusiasts.
    It will be good to see you there Andy.

I didn't say I was an expert with them Pad. I'm just a bit worried that your targets will not be up to the power and be totally inadequate for real air pistols. I heard you were going to be using balloons for targets. First one to burst one and all that.
    You're only true on one part of your post & that was the first bit. As I was only being polite

Regards
    Paddy.
    BE-HAPPY-OK