Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Second U.B.C. Meet & Competition

Jim McArthur is offline Frock coat wearing, riverboat dwelling, southern gent
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy_J View Post
    Ofcourse it got off the ground Jim. But with only one member. Me. I still refuse to shoot those replica looking pea shooters though.
    Well, I'll join. But first I have to GET a RAP (Real Air Pistol). My Umarex Smith surely weon't count. What about my Beeman P3 (HW 40)?

Jim
    UBC's Police Pistol Manager
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

Jim McArthur is offline Frock coat wearing, riverboat dwelling, southern gent
    Quote Originally Posted by Pad. E View Post
    Hi Jim.

If you are going to Stratford Upon Avon the day before. Your best bet is, instead of going back to London go to the B&B where Jason is stopping on the Friday night as it's only 23miles away from Stratford to Coventry, then go back to London Saturday night

As for the Pistols there will be enough pistols to go round. Jim (Target Bunny) if he is able to go (which he should) has the Smith revolver.

Regards
    Paddy.
    Our ever-evolving plan now is to go to Coventry first (on Friday), then do the shoot on Saturday, then sightsee there on Sunday, and (if possible) head to Stratford Sunday, without returning to London till Monday evening. This way, we could hit the Stratford shops on Monday.

I'm becoming increasingly leery about trying to take an air pistol out of the country on the plane. IF I buy one there, it would be better to have the shop mail it to me in the States, I would think.

So SURE, we'll be glad to take Jim D. or Cookie. etc. up on the offer to loan us a pistol(s) for the Saturday shoot at the Greyhound.

Jim
    UBC's Police Pistol Manager
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

Mr Andy ikarma70, would you be good enough to bring a crash helmet with you too the next meet.

Sorry Paddy, couldn't resist it.

For those that didn't come to the last meet and want to know members thoughts on the day go to www.umarexboysclub.co.uk and ckick on Events Tab. It's well worth the effort to come along, even if you have a 3-4-5 hour drive come down the night before, the Holiday inn is doing 2 for 1 deal so it's not going to cost anymore for the extra night. It's also the bank holiday weekend, so you still have monday to relax in bed and think of the brilliant weekend you have just had.

atvb

Jason
    Last edited by cookie; 16-02-2009 at 08:55 PM.
    Fancy shooting your air pistols & rifles a bit more, then guy's & gal's come visit us at the
    UBC for loads of fun competitions for all types of air pistols and rifles.

Quote Originally Posted by cookie View Post
    Mr Andy ikarma70, would you be good enough to bring a crash helmet with you too the next meet.

Sorry Paddy, couldn't resist it.

For those that didn't come to the last meet and want to know members thoughts on the day go to www.umarexboysclub.co.uk and ckick on Events Tab. It's well worth the effort to come along, even if you have a 3-4-5 hour drive come down the night before, the Holiday inn is doing 2 for 1 deal so it's not going to cost anymore for the extra night. It's also the bank holiday weekend, so you still have monday to relax in bed and think of the brilliant weekend you have just had.

atvb

Jason
    I was expecting that comment sooner or later

Just the echo what Jason has just said. The feedback from the competitors & people that attended were overwhelming & to that I thank you. The wife will be doing the food again, so no one will be hungry & if you are really greedy the pub next door does hot food

Regards
    Paddy.
    BE-HAPPY-OK

Can't wait for the next meet as the last one was such a fantastic day, really was a pleasure to spend a day with all of you fine people as I'm sure it will be once again.

As it's already been said, if you're considering attending the meet I personally would say join us for a fantastic day out and meet some genuinely nice people. If you don't own a pistol to shoot there are plenty around and people are more than happy to let you have a shoot, I was lucky to shoot many different pistols that day and was hoooked !

Hope you're all keeping well and looking forward to seeing everyone once again, with the hope of obtaining another trophy and see if someones spoon collection grows.

Regards,

Matt.

Quote Originally Posted by mattg558 View Post
    Can't wait for the next meet as the last one was such a fantastic day, really was a pleasure to spend a day with all of you fine people as I'm sure it will be once again.

As it's already been said, if you're considering attending the meet I personally would say join us for a fantastic day out and meet some genuinely nice people. If you don't own a pistol to shoot there are plenty around and people are more than happy to let you have a shoot, I was lucky to shoot many different pistols that day and was hoooked !

Hope you're all keeping well and looking forward to seeing everyone once again, with the hope of obtaining another trophy and see if someones spoon collection grows.

Regards,

Matt.
    Hi Matt

Thanks for your kind words.

Yes it won't be long before its here. Hope you get some trophies again, I might do some camo Knive & Forks as the bobby prize, that way your dad will have a matching set (sorry Rich)

Look forward to seeing you all again.

Regards
    Paddy.
    BE-HAPPY-OK

Ayup Paddy

I`ll be there, the first meet was so much fun and exceedingly well organised, how could anyone not want to be there! perhaps Delta 1 intends to add to his spoon collection. (Sorry Richard). Matt you can use any of my pistols providing you don`t wup me again. I look forward to seeing you all again.

Regards
    Ian
    Last edited by Aitch; 23-02-2009 at 01:14 PM.
    Never approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear, or a fool from any direction!

Quote Originally Posted by Aitch View Post
    I`ll be there, the first meet was so much fun and exceedingly well organised, how could anyone not want to be there! perhaps Delta 1 intends to add to his spoon collection. (Sorry Richard)

Regards
    Ian
    Hi Ian.

Thanks for the kind words.

Be good to see you & the family again.

Like I posted to Matt I'll probably do Knives & Forks this time (again sorry Rich )

Regards
    Paddy.
    BE-HAPPY-OK

Glad to see you will there Ian, it will be good to see you again.

atvb

Jason
    Fancy shooting your air pistols & rifles a bit more, then guy's & gal's come visit us at the

Quote Originally Posted by cookie View Post
    Glad to see you will there Ian, it will be good to see you again.

atvb

Jason
    Hi Jason
    Looking forward to it big-time, I am moored on the Trent & Mersey canal at the moment, I need to start travelling soon to be sure of being there by the 23rd May
    See you then!

Regards
    Ian
    Never approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear, or a fool from any direction!

Hi all, count the missus and me in! I couldn't make the first one so looking forward to this one. Hmmm, what to bring...?

Adam & Cheryl
    “We are too much accustomed to attribute to a single cause that which is the product of several, and the majority of our controversies come from that.” - Marcus Aurelius

Quote Originally Posted by Adam77K View Post
    Hi all, count the missus and me in! I couldn't make the first one so looking forward to this one. Hmmm, what to bring...?

Adam & Cheryl
    Excellent glad you & your wife are coming.

You can give Jason a run for his money

Regards
    Paddy.
    BE-HAPPY-OK

Thanks Paddy

Pressure! I better get some practice in!
    “We are too much accustomed to attribute to a single cause that which is the product of several, and the majority of our controversies come from that.” - Marcus Aurelius

Thanks Paddy

I know what you mean.

Well we could all give him a good kidding
    BE-HAPPY-OK

Excellent glad you & your wife are coming.

Regards
    Paddy.
    What have i done.

Thanks Paddy

Great some decent competition at last. (I'm not a good shot, just very lucky)

I know what you mean.

Well we could all give him a good kidding

Yes Paddy you were saying. you better get cammo'd up and go hide

atvb

Jason