Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Schmidt & Bender

Schmidt & Bender

Hi all dont know if any one else has one but i have got a Scmidt & Bender 4x16x50 precision hunter with the mil dot reticule and i have to say for £1500.00 it is a fantastic scope but i am not so sure it is any better than my Leupold
    4.5x20x50 mk4 LRT maybe it is just me i dont know i have always had leups this was propably my fathers fault as every think he shot when he was alive had a leupold on it,the glass is so clear on the schmidt that it would be easy to think there was no glass in it the tube is faultless as you would imagen and the BDC on the top fast action turret is fantastic the side parralax is spot on this was checked with a Leica ranger finder against the distance all the above is equaly true for the Leupold as well however the Leupold when i bought it was under a grand i think even now they are just over the magic £1000.00 the other thing is that there is more accessories available for the Leupolds so in summing up Leupold or Schmidt cannot make my mind up yet but if i do keep an eye on the scopes for sale section as one or the other will be on it.
    I have guns because i enjoy shooting, what i dont enjoy is being screwed by red tape and a dishonest government.

Sir, I'd be very grateful if you could use a bit of punctuation there somewhere.

Anywhere will do. Here, use a few of these - ,,,,,,,, and maybe one or two, or even more, of these - .....

Even my eyelashes hurt....

TIA

tac

how do they compare in poor light,i find the german stuff better but still believe a vx111 lrt will do everything you need for daytime varmiting.

Luepolds are decent bits of kit but every one I have looked through n the dark has been inferior to German glass. Decent or even half decent light though and they are fine.

A

JIMLITTLEDEVIL is offline I love the smell of napalm in the morning

Schmidt & bender

Our snipers use these scopes and to "coin a phrase" If its good enough for them its good enough for us civies.

This scope will still be working when your barrel has worn out.

I used one on a L96 and its ...... " Very Good At Its Job ! "

Trust you scope and your compass, leave the rest for God to sort out.

JLD

i have a couple of leupolds as well and a real nice burris tac dont talk to me about punctuation i have listerned to you at the club LOL.

paul
    I have guns because i enjoy shooting, what i dont enjoy is being screwed by red tape and a dishonest government.

I`ve got a Schmidt and Bender 3-12x50 Klassik IR scope on my Tikka T3 LITE 22-250this scope is unbelievable in low light.WHAT A SCOPE!
    Daystate Renegade .177,Daystate Forester LE .22,Daystate Huntsman Classic .177,Daystate Huntsman Regal .177,Daystate Bullpup 2000 .177,Weihrauch HW45 Custom .22,Weihrauch Silverstar .22,Weihrauch HW77K SE .22,Weihrauch HW35E .22.

S&B Precision Hunter with night vision was pants. Day light, it was great but with NV, really bad.

As for the Leupold, that is amazing with NV which is why I am thinking of buying a VX-7. This one has the new low light thingy wotsit.

Anyone used them both by chance!?
    .177" Harrier X, Hydrographically dipped with custom FT Stock. .22" S410k BTAS with walnut thumbhole stock. .223 Tikka T3 Stainless Lite. CZ Varmint 17hmr. Browning and Baikal O/U 12g.

hi marko used mine for the first time last night with my mate and dont know what was wrong with the one you used with n/v mine was great mate has a VX3 L on his Tika and was no better no werse than mine S/B so dont know maybe there was some thing wrong with the one you used.

paul

[QUOTE=JIMLITTLEDEVIL;3504942]Our snipers use these scopes and to "coin a phrase" If its good enough for them its good enough for us civies.

Can't always go by that these days.
    With the Government we have, the Military have to make the best of what they're given and it isn't always the best
    Although in this case S&B are the dogs danglies

I have the standard 4-16x50 variant with the varmint hunter (8 dot) reticle. Best scope I've ever had. I also have a Leupold Mk4 M1 10x40 pretty much on a par when setting the Schmidt to 10x.

Simon
    Anschutz 1427 .22LR Nikon Buckmaster SF 4.5-14x40, A-TEC Mod, Tikka M595 222Rem, Leupold 6.5-20x40LR, Howa 1500 APC 308Win, Nikko Diamond 6-24x50 FFP, wildcat Evolution, Sauer 202 243Win, Leupold 4.5-14x50LR, wildcat Evolution.

I also have the 4-16x50 Varmint scope with the No.8 Dot reticle. By far and away the best scope i have ever owned, bright and crisp image with vivid colour.

Didn't pay anything like £1500 for it, the list price is only (only ) £1151 quid, but i cant see it being any less of a scope than the precision hunter.

I actually prefer the dot spacing on this over MilDot scopes, much more useful and even yardage gaps for holdover, i use laser exclusively for rangefinding so don't need dots for that purpose. (For those that are interested they are at .32, .74, 1.38, 2.22, 3.23 and 5 milliradians respectively, i have the S+B spec document if anyone needs it).

One of those items that you wouldn't believe was worth the money. Until you get your mitts on one...

In the words of Gold Member, " Its a keeper..."

Scot From Stirling Living in Chelmsford Essex
    Trust you scope and your compass, leave the rest for God to sort out.

JLD[/QUOTE]
    I think you are spot on Jim

We pay all this money for good glass and then do what we think rather than what the expensive glass tells us. When will we learn.

Trust your scope
    atb
    Barry

Here you go!

Quote Originally Posted by trooper3.1 View Post
    Hi all.

I don't know if any one else has one, but I have got a Schmidt und Bender 4x16x50 Precision Hunter with the mil dot reticle. I have to say, for £1500.00 it is a fantastic scope, but I am not so sure it is any better than my Leupold 4.5x20x50 Mk4 LRT. Maybe it is just me; I don't know, I have always had Leups. This was propably my father's fault as every thing he shot when he was alive had a Leupold on it. The glass is so clear on the Schmidt that it would be easy to think there was no glass in it the tube. It is faultless as you would imagine and the BDC on the top fast action turret is fantastic. The side parallax is spot on - this was checked with a Leica ranger finder. All the above is equally true for the Leupold. However, the Leupold, when I bought it, was under a grand. I think even now they are just over the magic £1000.00. The other thing is that there are more accessories available for the Leupolds. So, in summing up, Leupold or Schmidt? I cannot make my mind up yet, but I will keep an eye on the scopes for sale section as one or the other will eventually appear on it.

Regards.

trooper3.1
    (I know the dashes are dodgy, but I like them!)
    Good deals with: Baz, foxshooter, vbull, leadhead, Gary C/Slim Shady, coddy, rixy, David, Baldie, BoNeS, mjonho, Reeco.

How much more pleasant was that!?