Here you go!

Quote Originally Posted by trooper3.1 View Post
Hi all.

I don't know if any one else has one, but I have got a Schmidt und Bender 4x16x50 Precision Hunter with the mil dot reticle. I have to say, for £1500.00 it is a fantastic scope, but I am not so sure it is any better than my Leupold 4.5x20x50 Mk4 LRT. Maybe it is just me; I don't know, I have always had Leups. This was propably my father's fault as every thing he shot when he was alive had a Leupold on it. The glass is so clear on the Schmidt that it would be easy to think there was no glass in it the tube. It is faultless as you would imagine and the BDC on the top fast action turret is fantastic. The side parallax is spot on - this was checked with a Leica ranger finder. All the above is equally true for the Leupold. However, the Leupold, when I bought it, was under a grand. I think even now they are just over the magic £1000.00. The other thing is that there are more accessories available for the Leupolds. So, in summing up, Leupold or Schmidt? I cannot make my mind up yet, but I will keep an eye on the scopes for sale section as one or the other will eventually appear on it.

Regards.

trooper3.1
(I know the dashes are dodgy, but I like them!)