Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Schmidt & Bender

JIMLITTLEDEVIL is offline I love the smell of napalm in the morning
    Just bought the S+B 12-50-56 PM 11. ( Sport Reticle )

Will be trying it out this weekend, out to 1000m.

It looks impressive sitting in the box.

Will have a better idea on Monday.

JLD
    Im not saying i know everything, but i know enough. Its better to keep quiet and let people think your a fool, than to open your mouth and prove it ! ! !

Elwood is offline Just because I'm paranoid, doesn't mean to say they aren't trying to get me.
    Quote Originally Posted by JIMLITTLEDEVIL View Post
    Just bought the S+B 12-50-56 PM 11. ( Sport Reticle )

Will be trying it out this weekend, out to 1000m.

It looks impressive sitting in the box.

Will have a better idea on Monday.

JLD

Good optics

I dont like the click adjustment, they are too close together and it's easy to turn two clicks and not one, but I guess that's the trade off you get with that much adjustment.

The sport dot works well enough on 40x plus magnification, but at 30x it will cover a F class V bull at 1000 yards, I have just sent mine back to have the sport Fine ret installed ( not cheap )

All in all it's a very good scope and only £100 more expensive than the NF 12x42, having said that if the NF had better optics it would be my first choice.
    Last edited by Elwood; 02-12-2009 at 08:48 PM.
    God has a hard on for green rifles

JIMLITTLEDEVIL is offline I love the smell of napalm in the morning
    Just come back from a very good days shooting.

12-50-56 PM 11 ..... Is the dogs Boll **ks.

The parallax is the best I have seen.

The click adjustment is fine. They are close together but "who cares" If you’re not sure how many turns you have dialled .... Just look at the knob.

The marking's are clear, precise and easy to read, even in poor light, rain, mist and fog. As i had, all bloody day !

Go for the fine reticle though.

I could not find fault with it.
    Im not saying i know everything, but i know enough. Its better to keep quiet and let people think your a fool, than to open your mouth and prove it ! ! !

bought a 4-16x50 with the a7 reticle second hand for 800euro, all i can say is wow, brilliant optics, cant wait to get it mounted and break it in now

sold my vx111 leupold for my schmidt 5x 25 x56
    best thing i ever done
    the glass in the schmidt is the best ,day or night

Unhappy Punctuation

Quote Originally Posted by tacfoley View Post
    Sir, I'd be very grateful if you could use a bit of punctuation there somewhere.

Anywhere will do. Here, use a few of these - ,,,,,,,, and maybe one or two, or even more, of these - .....

Even my eyelashes hurt....

TIA

tac
    Hi there.
    Too right! By the next century,nobody will be able to read anything.
    No commas,no full stops,no capitals,small I's,text speak my ar-e! Well said!
    Spellcheck is free! Another good tip-- If in doubt "Google it".

Hi, same here schmidt & bender all day lony, scottyoungsheep where did you get this done mate, love it.
    http://i547.photobucket.com/albums/h...modaystate.jpg
    Last edited by mayfly36; 09-02-2011 at 03:03 PM.

Have a look through both at about 5.10pm at a dark background 100 yards and see of you could take a shot with any illuminated rets switched off. Luepold are good daylight scopes but if the one I had was anything to go by not that good in low light. Never had a S&B though but it should allow you to take a shot about 5 minutes longer than the Luepold.

A

Quote Originally Posted by mayfly36 View Post
    Hi, same here schmidt & bender all day lony, scottyoungsheep where did you get this done mate, love it.
    http://i547.photobucket.com/albums/h...modaystate.jpg

Where did i get it, the rifle or the Schmidty scope?

Did the rifle myself, and the scope is long gone. No rifle to put it on these days, dont have the time for the full bore at the moment.

I had the 4-16 fine varmint reticle, and it was by far the best scope i've ever had. Optics to my eye are the best, i know some prefer other scopes but for me the clarity and colour is unbeatable.

Got to be honest I was a S&B fanatic but I think I've been converted... I think I prefer my swarvorski BUT it's still early days it's only accounted for a few foxes where as my S&B's have accounted for over a thousand.

scope

SnB all the way for me,but glass is a personal choice.

bbs air

anybody know how much elevatoin and windage adjustment there is in a 4-16x50 classic variable with hunting turrets?
    thanks
    Conor
    BSA 12g sbs, CZ .22lr SAK mod Nikko Stirling Gold Crown 4-12x42,
    Weihrauch .22 hornet ASE utra jet-z compact Schmidt & Bender 4-16x50http://i462.photobucket.com/albums/q.../Photo0081.jpg

I forgot to say but my 3-12x50 S&B scope has the L7 reticle which is nothing short of superb!
    Daystate Renegade .177,Daystate Forester LE .22,Daystate Huntsman Classic .177,Daystate Huntsman Regal .177,Daystate Bullpup 2000 .177,Weihrauch HW45 Custom .22,Weihrauch Silverstar .22,Weihrauch HW77K SE .22,Weihrauch HW35E .22.

I had a leupold vx111 with the fine cross reticule, in good light it was very good but under the lamp it was no good at all. I now have a s/b 3x12-50 with the a7 reticule and i cant belive how good it is. I have 3 s/bs 2 khales and 1 swaro also a zeiss so i know a good scope when i see one, but its what you like at the end of the day. Ath best Woodyd.

Since my last post on this particular thread I have purchased a S&B 8x56 Hungarian.This scope is nothing short of fantastic.It's going on my forthcoming .17HMR.
    A brilliant scope that is very popular with Deerstalkers too!
    Daystate Renegade .177,Daystate Forester LE .22,Daystate Huntsman Classic .177,Daystate Huntsman Regal .177,Daystate Bullpup 2000 .177,Weihrauch HW45 Custom .22,Weihrauch Silverstar .22,Weihrauch HW77K SE .22,Weihrauch HW35E .22.