Thread: Original 35....Tell Me About Them!

Original 35....Tell Me About Them!

A work colleague has brought in an Original 35 .22 calibre, serial no - 99613

Doe's anyone know the age going off the serial number?

It's not too bad for an old 'un, a reblue wouldn't go amiss though, i't fitted with open sights and a scope.

I know nothing about these rifles, what sort of price range would it fall into, my colleague is pondering selling it.

What power levels do these achieve?

I know springs are available for them, but what about piston seals?

Are the piston seals leather or O rings?

Thanks in advance folks.
    "..it does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds.."

On the l/h side of the action, between the stock and the scope rail in VERY small numbers should be the month and year of manufacture.

HTH
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post
    On the l/h side of the action, between the stock and the scope rail in VERY small numbers should be the month and year of manufacture.

HTH
    Ian
    Thanks Ian,

'11 78' Sounds about right, he bought it when he came out of the para's.
    "..it does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds.."

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    They are basically German Dianas. Very nice rifles but not worth too much -- maybe £125 tops in vgc ? ... The best Original Diana to have however is the Mod.45 in either .177 or .20 (lovely bits of kit ). Hope this helps a little. Atb: G.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Quote Originally Posted by Gareth W-B View Post
    They are basically German Dianas. Very nice rifles but not worth too much -- maybe £125 tops in vgc ? ... The best Original Diana to have however is the Mod.45 in either .177 or .20 (lovely bits of kit ). Hope this helps a little. Atb: G.
    Cheers Gareth, the '45' was one of the guns i always wanted but never owned.

Original 35 & 35S

Hi Old Jud, I have 3, of these, One Mint action & slightly scratched stock,
    Another Basket case but Shooting & A 35S, This is a big gun,
    I love this model, The Originals I think are better made all around, As regards power output, " Chambers " sell an export spring for this model ( That say,s it all I think )

Thanks IJ, they are SMALL letters, The mint one is 08-69 ,
    I,llpost pics tomorrow if you want them !
    All the best to you both, Ged.

The one I have, which I got off DM80, isn't dated but Ive guessed at 1953 ish.

DM80 is presently selling a '45 HEREfor those interested, and no, Im not on commission yet.
    Theres also a couple more in the For Sale section.

ATB
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Cheers Gent's what sort of power output should my colleague expect from one of these?