Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: God loves a tryer.

God loves a tryer.

There is an advert in the Bullseyes section this month Airgun World. I quote:

'Old air rifles and pistol collections cleared away. Must be free (no money). Single items considered. Tel: ################'

This has given me the idea of offering this service to my fellow members of the BBS. If you have any working collectable guns (except Relums ) you want to give me for free I will willingly accept them.
    If its something special like a Normay Vixen, preferably .177 I may even halve you at the postage.
    My generosity is only exceeded by my good looks.

ATB
    Ian

p.s. I will keep you updated with the offerings but dont hold your breath.
    Last edited by I. J.; 16-02-2009 at 03:41 PM. Reason: Spelling
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post
    There is an advert in the Bullseyes section this month Airgun World. I quote:

'Old air rifles and pstol collections cleared away. Must be free (no money). Single items considered. Tel: ################'

This has given me the idea of offering this service to my fellow members of the BBS. If you have any working collectable guns (except Relums ) you want to give me for free I will willingly accept them.
    If its something special like a Normay Vixen, preferably .177 I may even halve you at the postage.
    My generosity is only exceeded by my good looks.

ATB
    Ian

p.s. I will keep you updated with the offerings but dont hold your breath.
    Would the area code on the advert happen to be 01254?

Quote Originally Posted by Disco Stu View Post
    Would the area code on the advert happen to be 01254?
    No.
    Depending on the results it may be next month.

ATB
    Ian

Duff Beer is offline Whip me, strip me, make me pass dud cheques...
    I will collect for free any Genesis's, especially broken ones. You can tell if it's written off because you won't hear the spring or the piston moving.

Fingers crossed.
    Now with added Feinwerkbau 127
    In the beginning was the Genesis; it is the first and the last, it is the truth and the light, it shooteth straight when others fail. - Pagoda113

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Quote Originally Posted by Disco Stu View Post
    Would the area code on the advert happen to be 01254 ?
    That's scarey as my area code is 01245 ... Ditto I.J.'s cribbed idea here too (and I'll pay 3/4 of the post). Ha ha. Some people eh? And I'll bet it was one of the "no fee and fit it in when we can" Bullseye adverts too the soddin' squeaker . Atb: G.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Quote Originally Posted by Duff Beer View Post
    I will collect for free any Genesis's, especially broken ones. You can tell if it's written off because you won't hear the spring or the piston moving.
    Fingers crossed.
    If Im offered any Genesis rifles I will pass them onto you as, being the fully fledged whimp that I am, I cant cock the damn things.

Quote Originally Posted by Gareth W-B View Post
    Ditto I.J.'s cribbed idea here too (and I'll pay 3/4 of the post). Ha ha. Some
    Oi! Mods! Ive been gazzumped. Oh err.

Your phone number being similar to mine explains some of the funny phone calls that I keep getting.

ATB
    Ian

There are certainly some chancers in the March issue of AGW.
    As well as the advert. already mentioned, phone number beginning 07514, there is another further down the page offering a 'mint' BSA 240 Magnum pistol in a swap for either a 'mint condition' Airsporter Mk.1 or Webley Service rifle.

keith66 is offline Optimisic Pessimist Fella
    I have a couple of broken BSA scorpion air pistols, i would gladly exchange them for a BSA military pattern, i might throw a gat gun in as a sweetener

edbear2 Guest
    Dont knock it mate, I have had a airsporter mk6, a gem, and a webley junior given to me by people with young kids / scared by the press etc. in the last 2 years, simply because they have heard I have airguns........the guy who gave me the airsporter was going to hand it in at the police station, but it was closed!..I offered all three people payment, but none were interested!

I am willing to dispose of any air rifles by Greener or Kynoch at my own expense (you only pay the post). But please don't waste my time by offering any guns in less than good condition.

edbear2 Guest
    As above plus other pre 1939 guns will be cosidered, but PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE....special delivery only, and original boxed / unfired condition.....please also include the £24.99 + VAT re-cycling charge with any weapons sent plus pack very well (a wooden transit case is best as I can re-use these)

I see sarcasm is alive and thriving on the BBS

Living in hope but the response so far has been poor.

ATB
    Ian

edbear2 Guest
    I DO have a nice (condition) relum tornado you could have F.O.C........if say
    you wanted to give it as a prize (booby?) at your next charity shoot.......its .22, with recent new spring

NOW......there is a dilemma.....do you hate them that much

P.S. one condition......a photo of you holding it and smiling!

Bury,Lancashire, about 12 miles north of Mancheste
    Quote Originally Posted by Garvin View Post
    I am willing to dispose of any air rifles by Greener or Kynoch at my own expense (you only pay the post). But please don't waste my time by offering any guns in less than good condition.
    So I can`t dispose of that tatty old Haenel with the BSA peep sight to you then?
    Laudator temporis acti

Quote Originally Posted by edbear2 View Post
    I DO have a nice (condition) relum tornado you could have F.O.C........if say
    you wanted to give it as a prize (booby?) at your next charity shoot.......its .22, with recent new spring

NOW......there is a dilemma.....do you hate them that much

P.S. one condition......a photo of you holding it and smiling!
    I bring your attention to my original post and my comment - 'except Relums'. I will do most things for charity but hold a Relum ....

ATB
    Ian