Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Love my rifle but just fancy a pistol....

ScopesUP Guest

Love my rifle but just fancy a pistol....

hi all..

Im looking at getting a pistol for fun plinking.

what are the options ... whats good out there..

Id ideally like a pellet firing pistol with a magazine that repeats with each triger pull does anyone have any imput for me or links where i may check them out..

paul

Multi-shot plinkers got to be Co2 type pistols like the Umarex range.

i.e Walther CP88

Berretta 92

Smith and wesson range (6" better size)- my favourate!

There are many more examples but that should get you going.

Jim McArthur is offline Frock coat wearing, riverboat dwelling, southern gent
    Go for the 6" Smith!

And then you're all set for our Umarex Boys Club Police Pistol competitions!
    UBC's Police Pistol Manager
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

Umarex

Go to Pellpax air rifles and pistols
    Check out the Umarex range, but they are a bit expensive !

ScopesUP Guest

Co2.. Power..

hi guys..

chers for the replies..

what kind of power does a Co2 capsule put out..will they for example punch holes in tin cans at 10-15 yds..??

also how many shots per capsule..

paul

The Smith and Wesson 6" will pierce one side of a bake bean tin at 10 yards

(warm weather) most of the other multi-shots will not but will easily demolish

drink cans.

The Co2 Sheridan EB17 (single shot) will pierce both side of a bake bean tin (again warm weather). But if you're looking for power on a single shot pistol have a look at HW45 (springer) BSA Magnum 240 (springer,no longer available new)

ScopesUP Guest

hw40..

HW40..

looks like a nice peice of kit..

can i ask how it looks with the mag fitted does anyone have any pics with magazine attached...?

paul

About 50 shots from the Smith and Wesson

70-80 shots from the other Umarex range

30 shots from the Sheridan

Again all above are approx. in warm weather as the Co2 bulbs are not very efficient in cold weather (less shots lower power)

If you shop around you can get bulk Co2's packs of 50 for £20 or less

Umarex Clones will all do the trick.
    My personal favorite is the CP88 6" match followed by the Colt 1911 6" match.
    They're all tried and tested designs, lots of spares and often pop up in sales at the £100 +/- mark

No mag on the HW40, it is a very good accurate pistol with a fantastic

trigger, better as an introduction to target shooting than a basic plinker.

It all depends what you're looking for.....

ScopesUP Guest

doh...sorry mate

what about this one any good...?

UMAREX BERETTA P X 4 STORM

on the pelpax site.

paul

do a search on it here.
    Think it can have feed problems if pellets not seated correctly.
    I'm sure some one had one.
    Blow back is all was fun though.
    PPk/s is much fun too but not as accurate as pellet guns due to its smoothbore brass tube of a barrel......unless you have a rifled one made

BigEars Guest
    If you're looking for an accurate plinker with a magazine, then the Smith & Wesson with a 6 inch barrel is probably your best bet. Single shot, HW 40 or Beeman equivalent are accurate, self contained fun.

Quote Originally Posted by ScopesUP View Post
    hi all..

Im looking at getting a pistol for fun plinking.

what are the options ... whats good out there..

Id ideally like a pellet firing pistol with a magazine that repeats with each triger pull does anyone have any imput for me or links where i may check them out..

paul
    Hi Paul, at the end of the day you can have fun plinking with any pistol from a 1970's Diana G10 repeater to a Steyr LP50, but what i would suggest is go for one you like the look of the best, if you like the look of what you are shooting it adds to the pleasure, if you want to be bond go for the PPK or the CP99, want to be Dirty Harry go for the Smith and Wesson, Gangsta Crossman T4 and so on, Just have fun. If you want accuracy for target shooting then move to something better suited.

When you get your new Pistol, join us in the Umarex Boys Club and have some fun with it.

I see you are only in Hazlemere, if you want to come over to Maidenhead Target shooting club, either Wednesday evening or saturday morning I can let you have a go with a S&W 586, Beretta 92fs, CP88, CP99, R-77 to help you decide.

Plinking is about fun.

atvb

Jason
    Fancy shooting your air pistols & rifles a bit more, then guy's & gal's come visit us at the
    UBC for loads of fun competitions for all types of air pistols and rifles.

Jim McArthur is offline Frock coat wearing, riverboat dwelling, southern gent
    Quote Originally Posted by cookie View Post
    Hi Paul, at the end of the day you can have fun plinking with any pistol from a 1970's Diana G10 repeater to a Steyr LP50, but what i would suggest is go for one you like the look of the best, if you like the look of what you are shooting it adds to the pleasure, if you want to be bond go for the PPK or the CP99, want to be Dirty Harry go for the Smith and Wesson, Gangsta Crossman T4 and so on, Just have fun. If you want accuracy for target shooting then move to something better suited.

When you get your new Pistol, join us in the Umarex Boys Club and have some fun with it.

I see you are only in Hazlemere, if you want to come over to Maidenhead Target shooting club, either Wednesday evening or saturday morning I can let you have a go with a S&W 586, Beretta 92fs, CP88, CP99, R-77 to help you decide.

Plinking is about fun.

atvb

Jason

All around the best advice any new air pistoleers could receive.

Jim
    UBC's Police Pistol Manager
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone