Thread: BP part trois!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I've been told many hold to this but as I'm a newbee I do as I'm shown at the moment. As I say, I like the idea of the individual plastic philes(or is it files?) so when I get my own kit I'll follow that route.
    TX200/Nikko Stirling MKII 10-50
    TX200/Hawke 4-16 MAP Pro
    MILLRIDE FTC

Quote Originally Posted by Jim McArthur View Post
    Please don't load from the flask, it's dangerous!

Jim
    Quote Originally Posted by Baltipal View Post
    I've been told many hold to this but as I'm a newbee I do as I'm shown at the moment. As I say, I like the idea of the individual plastic philes(or is it files?) so when I get my own kit I'll follow that route.

I load from vials/phials (both acceptable spellings)
    When you have used one - put it back in the box upside down - nice & easy. When you are shooting - CLOSE the box.

I load them up using a Lee perfect Powder measure kept just for BP (dont mix with your Nitro loading keep BP & Nitro apart)

You can load the 100 vials in a few minutes & you know your loads are pretty much as accurate as you can make them (you can also check weigh now and again)

I have "test weighed" loads thrown from a flask & the variance can be huge unless you use something flat to block the end (NOT your finger)

Your finger - depending on how hard you push it onto the spout will push inside & give you a variation.

Cheers

Roy

Last edited by harricook; 16-06-2009 at 08:47 AM.