Thread: BP part trois!

BP part trois!

Third outing on the BP for me, this time with a Remington Army .44. Much livelier than the Rogers & Spencer IMHO.
    I remembered my camera this time & recorded it for posterity;

Remington Army

http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/c.../BP16thFeb.jpg
    TX200/Nikko Stirling MKII 10-50
    TX200/Hawke 4-16 MAP Pro
    MILLRIDE FTC

Very nice

What loads are you using??
    I have just picked up an unused (built 1979) .44 New Model Army.
    Can't wait to try it, was thinking of 20 grains FFFG 777 and take it either way to see if it improves.

Might also try this in the near future and report back on how it goes
    http://www.civilwarguns.com/9508.html

Cheers

Not too sure Scimmy, I think 24 grn was mentioned but we load straight from the flask & as you hold your finger over the mouth of the tube, it was explained to me, it may be more like 18.
    I like the idea of the plastic philes with a measured amount in each. When I get mine I think I'll do that.
    TX200/Hawke 4-16 MAP Pro
    MILLRIDE FTC

Jim McArthur is offline Frock coat wearing, riverboat dwelling, southern gent
    Quote Originally Posted by Baltipal View Post
    but we load straight from the flask

I like the idea of the plastic philes with a measured amount in each. When I get mine I think I'll do that.

Please don't load from the flask, it's dangerous!

Jim
    UBC's Police Pistol Manager
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

I've been told many hold to this but as I'm a newbee I do as I'm shown at the moment. As I say, I like the idea of the individual plastic philes(or is it files?) so when I get my own kit I'll follow that route.
    TX200/Hawke 4-16 MAP Pro
    MILLRIDE FTC

Quote Originally Posted by Jim McArthur View Post
    Please don't load from the flask, it's dangerous!

Jim
    I've been told many hold to this but as I'm a newbee I do as I'm shown at the moment. As I say, I like the idea of the individual plastic philes(or is it files?) so when I get my own kit I'll follow that route.

I load from vials/phials (both acceptable spellings)
    When you have used one - put it back in the box upside down - nice & easy. When you are shooting - CLOSE the box.

I load them up using a Lee perfect Powder measure kept just for BP (dont mix with your Nitro loading keep BP & Nitro apart)

You can load the 100 vials in a few minutes & you know your loads are pretty much as accurate as you can make them (you can also check weigh now and again)

I have "test weighed" loads thrown from a flask & the variance can be huge unless you use something flat to block the end (NOT your finger)

Your finger - depending on how hard you push it onto the spout will push inside & give you a variation.

Cheers

Roy

Last edited by harricook; 16-06-2009 at 08:47 AM.

Leyland in darkest Lancashire. HERE BE DRAGONS

Loads

Not too sure Scimmy, I think 24 grn was mentioned but we load straight from the flask & as you hold your finger over the mouth of the tube, it was explained to me, it may be more like 18.
    I was using 23gn FFFg but accuracy was pants. Then I managed to get a copy of the Pietta manual (http://www.pietta.us/products/). This recommends a much reduced load.
    The biggest problem facing this country today is not the terrorist. It's the politician.

The Bosun's Watch

Thanks fellas, I can't wait to get started!
    Just looking at the Club Program, I've got 4 weeks till my next outing.
    TX200/Hawke 4-16 MAP Pro
    MILLRIDE FTC

18 Grains of Swiss No2 is the classical Remington load. Plus filler to face the ball to the front of the cylider face.
    The currency for Wisdom is Respect. So please do not enter a transaction if you do not have the means to pay