Thread: 20yd/25yd benchrest

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockphoon View Post
    If you are organising it, John then implement whatever rules you feel are best. We'll see how the first season goes then any changes can be implemented for the next season. TBH, I will probably shoot with my 54 draped over my range bag using the cheapest ammo from Bates and a bargain Hawke scope.
    Thats the spirit.

In Midland League 20 yard light weight sport rifle we have 11 divisions that cater for the top guys in div. 1 who shoot 96+/card to old Joe who is 89 years old, shakes like a rattle and celebrates if he hits the black.

It's all about enjoying the sport and in the case of benchrest, it prolongs shooting for some of the rimfire old timers who struggle with the diopter sight and getting up from the prone position

ATB
    John
    hold me back !!

yorkshire league rules

I have just had a discussion with the Secretary of the Yorkshire Smallbore League during which we discussed the rule for wadcutter only pellets for air rifles
    He informed me that the Yorkshire League will now allow round headed pellets to be used in benchrest competitions. The rulebook will (I would think)be updated accordingly.
    This brings their rules into line with NSRA rules other than their targets are very similar to the UKBR22 targets and are scored to give a possibility of 11 points/shot.
    hold me back !!

Quote Originally Posted by pennineway.fswo View Post
    it prolongs shooting for some of the rimfire old timers who struggle with the diopter sight and getting up from the prone position
    Already a problem for me at the age of 39!

looking promising

I have had quite a bit of feedback from the midland clubs and I now have about 20 teams of 3 that wish to enter.
    I also see no reason why clubs from outside the midlands should not enter teams

Rule wise, it is being left up to me to decide on whether we go down the NSRA route, ie a simple flat front rest and no rear rest, or the UK22BR route of an adjustable front rest topped with a sandbag plus a small sand bag rear rest.
    The UKBR set up makes more sense to me and allows sporting type rimfire and air rifles with a rounded fore-end to be used (many shooters wishing to take part are from LSR leagues and only have the 1 rifle which is of lighter weight and rounded fore-end ) Anyone wishing to use a purpose made match benchrest rifle can do so of course.

Teams will be seeded into divisions based on averages and a team can consist of shooters using different types of rifle. Divisions will be formed based on the team averages after the first 2 rounds.

Targets are likely to be based on UKBR - 25 yard target with the 2 mm bull and a slightly scaled down version for those teams that only have a 20 yard range

I will update this thread as necessary to keep those interested informed and when the time comes, I will send out the entry forms
    John
    hold me back !!

Buxted County HFT Republic of Crowzilla Sussex
    Looking good John, Buxted will certainly be interested if you are going to allow clubs from out of the region.

Andy
    Buxted HFT Garage Guns are Us. Home of Crowzilla Doppers doughnut corner and SiHFT winners 2007 2008 2009 2010 2017 2018 2019.

benchrest

It looks as though we have 4 clubs and so possibly 7 teams from this thread who wish to enter this postal

If there are any other clubs interested, please post on here and then pm me
    Thanks
    John
    hold me back !!

Benchrest

Hi
    Paul Lane Rifle and pistol Club are interested in Shooting this competition.
    Regards John F.

Buxted County HFT Republic of Crowzilla Sussex
    Buxted will put in 4 teams of three but what about reserves and do all three team members cards count/needed each month.

Andy
    Buxted HFT Garage Guns are Us. Home of Crowzilla Doppers doughnut corner and SiHFT winners 2007 2008 2009 2010 2017 2018 2019.