Thread: 20yd/25yd benchrest

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

targets

hi Dan
    Make sure that the targets ordered are for Midland league use and not Yorkshire
    ATB
    John
    hold me back !!

New JSB pellet

Have any of you air rifle benchrest men tried the new Falcon 7.3 grain pellet yet off the bench
    I am interested in the sort of scores this new pellet gives
    At our club it seems to give excellent results in some barrels but very poor in others
    I am going to carry out some more tests tomorrow to see if the Falcon can out perform my JSB's and Mozzies
    John
    hold me back !!

Quote Originally Posted by pennineway.fswo View Post
    Have any of you air rifle benchrest men tried the new Falcon 7.3 grain pellet yet off the bench
    I am interested in the sort of scores this new pellet gives
    At our club it seems to give excellent results in some barrels but very poor in others
    I am going to carry out some more tests tomorrow to see if the Falcon can out perform my JSB's and Mozzies
    John

hey where did those pellets appear from Never seen or heard of them before.

new pellets

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart_B View Post
    hey where did those pellets appear from Never seen or heard of them before.
    Come on Stuart, get up to speed

Its worth trying them Stuart
    Out of one of my AA400's I would rate them better than anything else at 25 yd
    In my other one they are very average

Velocity is high obviously due to light weight

Weight variation is better than any other pellet I have checked - Less than 0.18 grains from lightest to heaviest in the batch I bought. They are much shorter than the standard JSB
    As with all JSB pellets, the head size on the back of the tin means nothing as the heads are less than 4.5mm, same as with the majority of AA/Daystate/JSB pellets. Skirts are 4.6mm+ and pretty consistent
    John
    hold me back !!

The lads were having a bash at our new targets, last night. Blimey it's difficult to take out that bull cleanly. When we have stickers do we post shot cards to you or self-score and send you the results? Many thanks for all your hard work.

score cards self scoring

Quote Originally Posted by Rockphoon View Post
    The lads were having a bash at our new targets, last night. Blimey it's difficult to take out that bull cleanly. When we have stickers do we post shot cards to you or self-score and send you the results? Many thanks for all your hard work.
    Hi Charlie
    The targets are scored by a club official usually the club Captain/Secretary/Comp. Secretary who fills in the score cards that I will e-mail to you and return them to me after each round
    I will send out shooting dates with the stickers and scoring instruction
    Because this is the first season, I will call in targets for 1 or more rounds from each club to ensure we are all scoring correctly
    John
    hold me back !!

fixtures/score cards

I have e-mailed today all clubs taking part in the competition and included a fixture list showing last dates for shooting each round,a sketch and instructions regarding scoring the targets and a spare set of rules etc
    Stickers are packaged up to send but I need to have some envelopes checked for weight/postage before sending so the stickers will be with you hopefully Thursday/Friday
    John
    hold me back !!