Quote Originally Posted by BigAl View Post
Andy I think that part of the vairablity that you see in the scores for Air gun classes in the UKBR22 is that quite a lot of clubs are actually shooting outdoor. If you compare the scores for the equivalent classes but with the .22LR at 50m the scores are reasonably comparable. Shooting Air at 25 outdoors is as challenging as rim at 50 when you have a breeze to contend with in my opinion.

Al

Al

I shoot air rifle outside at 45yds and over all the time with a low mag scope and no parrallax adjustment so I know what the wind can do and it is doubtless challenging as I'm sure any FT shooter will testify to.

The comparison however is based on air rifle and rimfire competeing in the same competition/class/distance. The UKBR22 stats for last season clearly show a disparity whether outside or indoors and I put that down to the repeatability of the ammunition. If you look at the rimfire unlimited it was seperated on 10xs between six people who returned maximums. The top air rifle Unlimited competitor would have finished 40th in that league as it was he placed 24th using his rimfire.

I am saying in my opinion that the two launching systems are not comparable and should for fairness not compete against each other as we do in the UKBR22.

Andy