Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Umarex MP5 K PDW 0.177 Co2 Airgun

Umarex MP5 K PDW 0.177 Co2 Airgun

Hi I tried out an Umarex MP5 K PDW 0.177 Co2 Airgun, these have just come into the country.

Here's my review.

It Comes in a Cardboard Box ~ After Time the box will wear & will tear

The Box Open ~ The Gun & Components are held neatly & securely.

The Manual has minimum words ~ However the pictures are self explanitary

The MP5 K PDW 0.177 Co2 Airgun ~ At first it did look & feel like a cheap airsoft version of the MP5, so I did feel a little bit disappointed. However once I got to use it I was pleasently pleased with it.

MP5 PDW Right Side

MP5 PDW Left Side Folded

MP5 PDW Folding Stock Catch ~ You have to lift the stock & then fold it round. This is quite sturdy & hardly any play & is very stable when unfolded

MP5 k Left Side ~ The MP5 comes with the K 'Kurtz' attatchment

Removing K attatchment or Folding Stock ~ Two pins hold the rear attatchments in place which are easily enough to remove to gain access to the Co2 chamber

MP5 Folding Stock & K attatchment ~ The Folding Stock or K attatchment can only be changed before you put the Co2 in as the attactments hold the Co2 in place.

Co2 Bulb in MP5 ~ The Co2 Bulb fits nicely into place

Turn screw for Co2 Pressure ~ Once the attachment is in place a few turns of the screw pirces the Co2 bulb

Loading 0.177 BBs ~ Using a speed loader you can quickly load up the 41 0.177 BBs into the magazine

Target Set at 6yds ~ with 18MPH Cross Wind Aimed With Stock Unfolded, so it preformed rather well to be honest

More Photo's >>HERE<<

The trigger ~ I found it quite smooth & no way near the skifs trigger (I know I got one) A good point is when the Magazine is empty the trigger locks, just like a hold open device.

Blow Back ~ What this does is moe the ejetion port back & forth, however you don't feel any recoil when shooting.

Cocking ~ There is the bolt on the MP5 witch can be pulled back locked & then sprung down. However this is for show, you just load up take safety off & shot as fast as you can pull the trigger.

At the moment I know of one place that does sell then. If you contact me I will be able to tell you. As I'm not sure if I can advertise other companies.

My overall thoughts are at first I was abit disappointed in it, then once I got to use it. I realised how good 'fun' it is, more powerful than airsoft, it will rip up cans no problem, it is quite accurate, shame it was so windy. Out of one capsule you get 100 good shots, then it starts to lose power/accuracy until 120 shots. It retails for £199, which is a good price really compared to top of the range airsoft that are now two tone colours.

Regards
    Paddy.
    Last edited by Pad. E; 01-06-2010 at 06:04 PM.
    BE-HAPPY-OK

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    Nice review Paddy...

I suppose you have to cock it manually after every shot though?

V interesting Paddy and a good find .

Never knew about this item until your review .

Harvey , I notice on the box in bottom R/H corner it mentions the words " blow back "

Which makes this even more interesting to me .

Perhaps Paddy could put some more detail about how this airgun works ?

The only other item I can think of anything like this apart from Drozd is the Kedr which costs double this but has a working bolt with blowback and operates like a real smg .

http://www.rusmilitary.com/html/airpistol_kedr.htm

Carl.
    " This , is MY safety "

itsaheadshot Guest
    hi it does have blowback but its not blowback on say airsoft verions of glocks, sigs, desert eagles its basically just inner casement that moves when the trigger is pulled.

The trigger needs to be pulled back quite firm my technique is using two fingers. I personally think they are good for money as you would be paying that for a decent airsoft. If I was comparing to a Drozd I would give that in power/build to the Drozd but this is a MP5/MP5K very sexy weapon!!! You can have fun with this upgrading bits here and there with higher end parts from airsoft manufacturers!

itsaheadshot Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by PHOBUS View Post
    V interesting Paddy and a good find .

Never knew about this item until your review .

Harvey , I notice on the box in bottom R/H corner it mentions the words " blow back "

Which makes this even more interesting to me .

Perhaps Paddy could put some more detail about how this airgun works ?

The only other item I can think of anything like this apart from Drozd is the Kedr which costs double this but has a working bolt with blowback and operates like a real smg .

http://www.rusmilitary.com/html/airpistol_kedr.htm

Carl.
    hi that Kedr looks the dogs!! I've got to have one of them!

I WANT ONE! where do they sell them in west midands and do you have to cock it before each shot? thanks sunny

Hi Mate

Yes the Kedr is nice isnt it ? Bit pricey but you get what you pay for . Check the video and you will see how it is so true to a real smg . Prob all steel Russian construction too . I think I can justify the £400 price tag given that I already have various smgs .

The MP5 appeals v v much and I will be looking to see where I can buy one , unfortunately the gun shops near me stock much new stuff , .... or old stuff come to think of it ,.... and no postal sales restricts access for people like me .

Can anyone give me some ideas where these can be purchased ? Google revealed nothing except the BBS review

Carl.
    " This , is MY safety "

" The trigger needs to be pulled back quite firm my technique is using two fingers. "

Surprised to hear that the trigger is so stiff if all it has to do is drop the hammer ?

Is,nt that the whole point of a blowback weapon that the gas does the work for you leaving the shooter to concentrate on accuracy of the next shot ??

2 fingers on the trigger does not bode well for me and reminds me of nightmare triggers like the Skiff and the Makarov

Even so , a working replica of the ultra sexy MP5 is too much to miss even tho, I already have a superb select fire RAM version .

Thanks for the great review Paddy !!!!!

Carl.
    " This , is MY safety "

itsaheadshot Guest
    hi it may be because its so new its just a tad stiff may loosen up over a period of time. Definately a nice back garden plinker it will destroy tin cans! Umarex have started doing some high quality airsoft stuff aswell I had a go with a MP7 yes you heard it right a MP7 collapsable foldable foregrip alot of metal it uses green gas blowback airsoft. Also a M249 para, HK416, G36 basically most of the Heckler Koch guns which are my favourites!!

Hi.

Thanks for your comments.

I did leave a few info out.

The trigger ~ I found it quite smooth & no way near the skifs trigger (I know I got one) A good point is when the Magazine is empty the trigger locks, just like a hold open device.

Blow Back ~ What this does is move the ejetion port back & forth, however you don't feel any recoil when shooting.

Cocking ~ There is the bolt on the MP5 which can be pulled back locked & then sprung down. However this is for show, you just load up take safety off & shot as fast as you can pull the trigger.

At the moment I know of one place that does sell them. If you contact me I will be able to tell you. As I'm not sure if I can advertise other companies.

If there is any more questions I will try to answer it.

Regards
    Paddy
    Last edited by Pad. E; 01-06-2010 at 06:11 PM.
    BE-HAPPY-OK

Talking

Iv got one at last !

hi guys i have used a friends one of these when they first came into the country and was one of the first to shoot this marvellous weapon they are great weapons semi-auto which isn't a bad point because it helps with the accuracy they realy are awesome! don't hesitate just get 1 !

What's the muzzle velocity on this airgun? Interesting to compare it's power to other guns.

Hi,

Can someone pm me the supplier, would love one of these...

Thanks a lot

Z

chris u'5 is offline I'm a dumbass, it's official!!
    If you Google it zetex it seems a few places are selling them now.

Could I ask if there is any naff Umarex markings on the gun?

Looking at the pictures it seems there isn't but it'd be great if someone could confirm.

Comparing pictures of this and the real thing it looks like they've done a reasonable job of copying it.

It'd be nice if a smaller magazine was made available.

Does the flashider screw off by the way?

Oh and I wonder how accurate the dimension are on this?

If they are reasonably accurate then it may allow the option of using genuine furniture parts or perhaps airsoft upgrade parts.
    Last edited by chris u'5; 21-07-2010 at 07:47 AM.
    "Who's the only one here that knows illegal ninja moves from the government?"