Thread: Whats a good accurate CO2 plinker?

Whats a good accurate CO2 plinker?

I'm thinking of getting a back garden fun pistol, multishot and C02 are a must. Blowback would be cool so maybe the Desert Eagle or maybe the Berreta 92F or a 6" CP88?

Whats the general concensous? I'd like to participate in the online competition on here as well.

Cheers Dudes

Plinking, I love most of the Umarex models,

If your thinking of the Co2 comps on here, then the cp99, cp88 and Beretta 92 seem to do well

Tony
    UBC Secretary & Web-Manager
    THL Marksman of the Year 2010
    (Airgun Section)

Umarex Smith & Wesson 6". Probably the best trigger of all the Umarex clones and maybe the most accurate, unless you get a 6" barrel on an "auto".
    Walther CP-2 Match, FAS 604 & Tau 7 target pistols, Smith & Wesson 6" & 4" co2 pistol, Crosman 1377,
    Baikal IZH 53 pistol, Gamo CFX Royal,177, Umarex SA-10 CO2 pistol.

Jim McArthur is offline Frock coat wearing, riverboat dwelling, southern gent
    Yes: unless the blowback feature or "auto pistol" styling are critical for you, the 6" Smith is the best choice for your needs.

Jim
    UBC's Police Pistol Manager
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

I do prefer the modern pistol styling over the 'Clint Eastwood' style shooters.

OK, that's a very good reason. So much of the fun of this sport is subjective.

Jim
    Last edited by Jim McArthur; 20-02-2009 at 03:08 AM.
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

Quote Originally Posted by Jim McArthur View Post
    Yes: unless the blowback feature or "auto pistol" styling are critical for you, the 6" Smith is the best choice for your needs.

Jim
    Again here, the S&W is a great fun plinker. 10 shots, not 8 like some of the other models. Excellent choice for our postal comps.

Go on, go get one

Exclamation best pistol

All the umarex pistols are good,were all biased towards our own favourite,I like the colt 1911,I do'nt like the berretta grips to big for my hands. Handle as many as you can, find the 1 that suits you best.Mike...

BigEars Guest
    It'll start as "back garden fun" then you'll start to wonder if you could do better with a more accurate pistol. Best get the S&W now. Have fun whatever you choose.

defblade is offline There's a hole in my bucket, dear Liza, dear Liza
    The Desert Eagle is suprising accurate when fired slowly and with care. But you won't want to do that much And only about 30 shots per cartridge
    New: Hammerli AP20; BSA Meteor for daughter (and rats ); TX200 with a scope on top;
    Baikal MP-651K for plinking; and a friend with an Original 75 he doesn't mind me using!

Decided to go with a Beretta second hand off here

UBC here I come , oh and my stepson and wife are entering too

Quote Originally Posted by andythilo View Post
    Decided to go with a Beretta second hand off here

UBC here I come , oh and my stepson and wife are entering too
    Welcome aboard to all: three for the price of one!

Cheers,

Jim