Thread: Rear sight, walther CP99

Question Rear sight, walther CP99

Hi all
    can anyone please tell me how to adjust the rear sight on a Walther CP99
    (.177) or a link to owners manual??. I have read, something that slides, revealing 2 screws, but not wanting to force any thing & damage the pistol asking for help.

regards

Chris

Hi Chris, it's as simple as pulling back the top slide as if you were cocking it, but then hold it there don't release it, (Saftey on, no mag or Co2 in) now turn the pistol over and look inside the slide you will see a couple of screws, loosen these and the sights can be moved from left to right. Don't loosen the screws off too much you want the sights to move using a little effort no flop all over the place, or you will lose you zero when you turn it over again to tighten them up.

Hope this helps

Jason
    Fancy shooting your air pistols & rifles a bit more, then guy's & gal's come visit us at the
    UBC for loads of fun competitions for all types of air pistols and rifles.

Thanks Jason,
    Iv'e only had the CP99 a week (nice gun) never knew it could be cocked that way either, thats two things learnt today.

sorted
    cheers mate
    Chris

Hi Chris, for starters it's a great little pistol, I had one, sold it, missed it, bought another one. When shooter i would always use the slide to cock unles you are speed shooting, the trigger is lighter if pre-cocked, As for the open sights on these, they are not that good at all, so what i would suggest is a Laser sight, like the one here near the bottom of the page £35, or any other type that takes your fancy.

Next have a look Here then click on the Join the UBC button and i'll make you a member and you can shoot your new toy in our competitions, don't worry about how well you shoot, our competitons are fun, we have complete newbies right through to complete nutters (Yes you know who you are Russ)

Join the gang and have some fun, if you ever want some advice please ask, the guy's on here have an amazing amount of knowledge between them, (Even Russ knows a thing or two)

We have a UBC Meet happening 23rd May in Coventry, if you can make it you will have the chance to play with dozens of pistols. (You could even get to meet Russ)

atvb

Jason

PS (Russ is a really nice fella, but don't tell him)
    Last edited by cookie; 20-02-2009 at 11:06 PM.
    Fancy shooting your air pistols & rifles a bit more, then guy's & gal's come visit us at the
    UBC for loads of fun competitions for all types of air pistols and rifles.

Quote Originally Posted by cookie View Post
    (Even Russ knows a thing or two)

Does he News to me

HEY RUSS,

Whaddya know

Tony (One of Cookies nutters)
    UBC Secretary & Web-Manager
    THL Marksman of the Year 2010
    (Airgun Section)

Cool CP99

Quote Originally Posted by scamp View Post
    Thanks Jason,
    Iv'e only had the CP99 a week (nice gun) never knew it could be cocked that way either, thats two things learnt today.

sorted
    cheers mate
    Chris
    Nice pistol, I've just got one again,after cocking it you can also de-cock using button just in front of rear sights and slightly to the left. Give the UBC a go, good club, full of nutters, (they even let me in ? )..MIKE..