That’s sad if you got a bad one! I’ve had no problems with mine at all (so far).

The scope rail isn’t an issue for me as the mounts are BSA ones. In reply to the posts asking why BSA perseveres with the cushioned scope rail, I can only assume it has some benefit in protecting the scope! That said, if it yours won’t group at all anywhere then there’s something definitely wrong. Glad you got something you like.

I’ve had a thought about the front stock bolts. I reckon the shearing problem is due to over tightening them. Maybe that’s why the Allen head screw size is small. They don’t actually take much load; when cocking - the reaction to the load is for the mechanism to lift up at the trigger end (bigger bolts there). So far mine haven’t budged for ages.

Was out practicing with mine yesterday before it got dark. Made a right mess of my first few shots, then relaxed a bit and finished off with a nice tight group. So I’m still pleased. The only problem I have is switching between this and my AAS400. I make a total pigs ear out of everything for ages!!