Thread: feinwerkbau 65

feinwerkbau 65

hi, just bought a near mint one of these from my club as they are upgrading to pre-charged, lovely bit of teutonic engineering. it has a 6" barrel. serial no is 142809 .i know very little about these,bought it for a bit of plinking in the garden ,would appreciate any tips or comments about these guns.also would like to know what fps i can expect from this when i chrono it so i know its performing as it should.thanks greasemonkey

Congratulations on owning the greatest spring pistol ever made.

I have an early one s/n 45047 and it too is nearly mint.
    If all is in good nick it should be doing about 450 fps with light to medium wadcutters, so about 3.5 ft.lbs.
    Mine is a little twangy (probably dry inside) but runs bang on the money at 3.5. The piston seal is steel and should never wear out. They were designed to run almost dry of lube anyway for maximum consistency.

Lots of info on this thread

I think a short barrel version with scope rail (like the one on the thread) tuned to 5 ft.lbs would be the perfect air pistol. To answer your next question, no I've no idea where to get the rails but if you find out let me know I suspect that one was custom machined.
    “We are too much accustomed to attribute to a single cause that which is the product of several, and the majority of our controversies come from that.” - Marcus Aurelius

thanks for your reply and lead to that very informative thread,i chronoed mine today and it is indeed putting out about 450fps with light wadcutters so everything seems okay there.only picked it up friday today was the first chance i have had to have a play,they really do shoot a treat dont they..workmanship is top notch ,,its more accurate than i ever will be!i am going to have a lot of fun with this...cheers greasemonkey..

very nice pistol indeed
    Air Arms S400 Nikko Gameking 4-16x50....

The greatest air-pistol of all time. I own two (one of them is up for sale) and they can still compete against PCPs at 10-metres. IIRC you can download a copy of the manual from the Feinwerkbau website. Spares are plentiful and FWB have said that the gun will fire 6 million pellets without needing a major overhaul (incredible). Your 65 will be a valuable heirloom that will still be used by your great-grandchildren.