Thread: ZOSS Scopes....what do you all think?

Palmanda is offline I just keep falling for it!!

ZOSS Scopes....what do you all think?

Ive been looking around for a couple of new FT scopes and I have been pointed in the direction of that auction place...

I can accross ZOSS 10-50 x 60 SF scopes for 100 notes (new)

Anyone use them?
    Are they any good?

Cheers

I have a 10 - 40 x 60 on my Savage HMR and am quite pleased with it.
    It isn't quite as crisp as some of the more expensive scopes, but great value for the money.
    AA S410 xtra .22// CZ .17HMR//H&K 416D .22//Sauer 202 Outback .308//Sako 75 6.5x55, //Howa 1500 .223 with Pulsar 550 //Beretta A400 12Bore//Laurona SxS 12Bore. http://s239.photobucket.com/albums/f...igmick11/Guns/

£100?...i sold 2 tried and tested zos in that size for about £80

Palmanda is offline I just keep falling for it!!
    Quote Originally Posted by bigmick11 View Post
    I have a 10 - 40 x 60 on my Savage HMR and am quite pleased with it.
    It isn't quite as crisp as some of the more expensive scopes, but great value for the money.
    They sound like they could be worth a go then.......

Quote Originally Posted by ikarma70 View Post
    £100?...i sold 2 tried and tested zos in that size for about £80
    Bugger.......

I use an illuminated fine cross hair ZOS 12-40 x 60 for rimfire benchrest at 25 and 50 meters.

I too was dubious because of the price but I found it well worth the money, I got mine for £60 delivered direct from China through the auction site.

It has performed brilliantly and in fact I have seen some more expensive scopes that look to use exactly the same body and turrets.

I use mine at 40x magnification all the time and light gathering and crispness is more than what you would expect for the money.

Get it at the right price and you will not go wrong

Picture below

http://i357.photobucket.com/albums/o...8/PICT0007.jpg

Regards

Simon

jay.t is offline Unique is an understatement, I'm just a messed up frog pimp.
    I like them, i have two!

first is the 10-40x50 ir mildot

second is a 6-24 x56 ir Y reticle

again from that auction site, very happy with both, oh both sidewheel too, pic in my sig
    Don’t you find it Funny that after Monday(M) and Tuesday(T), the rest of the week says WTF?

I bought one for my stepson. Tried to get it zeroed down the range this Sat and it wouldnt go below 15 yds and above 35yds was impossible to see the target.

All in all I would NEVER buy one again, they are cheap for a reason. If you want a good FT scope get a second hand BSA Big 60 or a NIkko Big 60.

Also I compared my Nikko and the Zos optically side by side, you loose about 30%-40% in view size.

Quote Originally Posted by andythilo View Post
    I bought one for my stepson. Tried to get it zeroed down the range this Sat and it wouldnt go below 15 yds and above 35yds was impossible to see the target.

All in all I would NEVER buy one again, they are cheap for a reason. If you want a good FT scope get a second hand BSA Big 60 or a NIkko Big 60.

Also I compared my Nikko and the Zos optically side by side, you loose about 30%-40% in view size.

did you shim the rear mount?

Certainly did, got it zeroed at 15yds with turret as mid position. But then couldn't get it focused below 15yds and above 35 the picture was so small I couldnt make out any targets.

Maybe it's fine for some people and as a beginners scope it is probably ok..

I've now got him a second hand BSA Big 60 which is fantastic, nearly as good as my 2008 Nikko Big 60 .

jay.t is offline Unique is an understatement, I'm just a messed up frog pimp.
    Certainly did, got it zeroed at 15yds with turret as mid position. But then couldn't get it focused below 15yds and above 35 the picture was so small I couldnt make out any targets.

Maybe it's fine for some people and as a beginners scope it is probably ok..

I've now got him a second hand BSA Big 60 which is fantastic, nearly as good as my 2008 Nikko Big 60 .
    Andy which model were you using?

both my sidewheels focus from 10-1000yds

depending on which mag you shoot on, i shoot both of mine on 14 mag.
    Don’t you find it Funny that after Monday(M) and Tuesday(T), the rest of the week says WTF?

It was the 10-40x60. It'll be on the sale section this evening

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    It was the 10-40x60. It'll be on the sale section this evening
    Bought one as above new off e-wotsit which cost £59.00 delivered. Didn't like it however (just wasn't me) so sold it on for £50 just to get rid and bought a Simmons W.T.C. off JSR instead -- am now a happy hunter . Atb: G.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

I have also looked though a 10-40x60 and you can't focus it for less than about 15m. The picture is not great either.

tomosmond is offline My name's Osmond and I've got a little Jimmy
    I like mine, well worth the money
    AA S400 (LH) - Tasco Custom Shop 8-40x56 - Rowan engineering trigger - UK Neil hamster & air stripper
    Steyr LG100 (LH) - MTC silver viper 3-12x44